Parting out 2004 ss

Bubala

I have a 2004 ss with 100000 miles on it. It got hit in the rear end last spring and the ins co call it totaled. It still runs great. It was a cream puff before the accident. I'm parting it out or selling it as is. She's red with borla exhaust, gps screen and much more. Pick up only. Chicago northern suburbs.

So for all you guys wondering. My dad posted this thread. It is my truck initially. I am not trying to part this truck out as much as I want to sell it as a whole. I think for my asking price if you were to buy it, you would be able to make a few bucks parting it out yourself. Anyway I am asking $6500 obo and it really is a nice truck aside of the damages. It was deemed totaled by the insurance company but there should be a large gain either way by putting it back together or parting it out. Long story short I need it gone. As usual no low ballers but I am willing to accept reasonable offers.

97a796b31d9bc974dd798aa2e29724f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a373a98cf6ba670b716909dca39aa413.jpg

2b504bee49f64fa690088aef489f29de.jpg

0c7e0ff74c0787668eeceab8eff227f7.jpg

0b68cab613200aa4eeda2c6e7e7a0b0d.jpg

I'd say that truck looks like a somewhat easy fixer. Either a used bed painted to match and cladding transferred over, or replace the bedside like I did. I decided it would be "easier" to do the bedside (new GM) since the receipt for it helped me with the salvage rebuild inspection process the state required. My body guy was able to do just the outer skin without hassle, though I bought the complete bedside (inner and outer as a unit) because it includes the taillight housing which was beat up pretty bad on mine. Yours looks 100% fine there.

What happened to the front? Wrecked as well, or pieces sold already? Any damage to the fenders, hood, core support? I'm asking out of curiosity and for anybody else that might be seriously interested; not trying to give you the idea I'm a player on it as I'm not. Too many irons in the fire as it is.

But it looks totally fixable. Mine was worse by far IMO, hit in the same spot, harder:

06SS_021s.jpg

Same truck...

06SS_076s.jpg

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)