4L80E to NVG149 input shaft coupler group purchase

GET THE BEST ON THE MARKET 4L80E to NVG149 SHAFT RIGHT HERE!!!

2 shafts available for immediate shipping from Mark Williams!!
$851 shipped to lower 48 states.

This is precision machined shaft from Mark Williams (http://markwilliams.com/).
Completely new, NOT resplined oem input shaft.

It is going to be superior quality as always with Mark Williams, a top of the line producer of custom drive line parts, and it`s made from 4340 steel and heat treated in house by them.

There has been some interest in the TBSSOWNERS.COM(where I`m a vendor) and silveradoss.com also , so this will be on there too, here is the link to both

Thanks,

Pete
Edited by Pete466 (see edit history)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As badly as I want to do an 80e swap in the SSS I just bought like I did in my old SSS, spending an extra 700 bucks for the input shaft adapter just makes me cringe. I dont remember what Time2Kill used to charger for his resplined units but even those were expensive, and to be fair they were plenty strong enough. Good luck getting enough people together for the group purchase, too bad the price isn't a bit easier to swallow for me. :cheers:

As badly as I want to do an 80e swap in the SSS I just bought like I did in my old SSS, spending an extra 700 bucks for the input shaft adapter just makes me cringe. I dont remember what Time2Kill used to charger for his resplined units but even those were expensive, and to be fair they were plenty strong enough. Good luck getting enough people together for the group purchase, too bad the price isn't a bit easier to swallow for me. :cheers:

Well it is what it is, I don`t control the pricing, Mark Williams do.

I would rather pay little extra to get verified quality work done by reputable company, and part made from 4340 steel to be able to use 4L80E trans.

Rather than reworked and reheat treated OEM part.

Thanks,

Pete

I wasn't knocking the idea, or your efforts to get something like this done for the guys who are still in the market to do an 80e swap so lose the high and mighty :)

Also, you can't really claim these to be "superior" to anything if they don't even exist yet. Let alone any being installed and tested/proven. The re-splined units that have been used for years now have had a grand total of zero failures to date and are in some very heavy and very powerful trucks. So to discredit the efforts and workmanship of those who have made, sold and used the re-splined factory units by advertising these as superior is a bit of a joke. And again, that's not to say that Mark doesn't make quality products, or that you're not putting in a good effort by getting something like this going for the people who otherwise would be forced to come up with their own solution to the 80e swap problem. Let's just be happy that there is ultimately a solution to those who want to do an 80e swap, even if it is over priced.

I wasn't knocking the idea, or your efforts to get something like this done for the guys who are still in the market to do an 80e swap so lose the high and mighty :)

Also, you can't really claim these to be "superior" to anything if they don't even exist yet. Let alone any being installed and tested/proven. The re-splined units that have been used for years now have had a grand total of zero failures to date and are in some very heavy and very powerful trucks. So to discredit the efforts and workmanship of those who have made, sold and used the re-splined factory units by advertising these as superior is a bit of a joke. And again, that's not to say that Mark doesn't make quality products, or that you're not putting in a good effort by getting something like this going for the people who otherwise would be forced to come up with their own solution to the 80e swap problem. Let's just be happy that there is ultimately a solution to those who want to do an 80e swap, even if it is over priced.

I said "superior quality", so you claim there quality control is not superior? Do you have some insight rest of us don`t know about ? And I wasn`t comparing it to anything else either.

And for that matter, a simple carbon copy coupler made from stronger steel than factory one is not going to be needing any testing, period. It will work.

Also did not discredit anything, just stated that I would rather use new part than reworked and reheat treated, thats all. I`m sure resplined factory shaft is fine and strong but I would not use it if I had a choice.

But then again we all have our opinions, right?

Thank you for yours and have a great blessed day.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
On the side note, I just received info from Mark Williams that few people has been trying to buy this coupler directly from them.

That will not work. As I said earlier THIS PART IS AVAILABLE ONLY THROUGH ME, I HAVE ALL THE RIGHTS TO IT.

If you want it, join in to this GB.

Thanks,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...