12 replies to this topic

#1 Pete466

Pete466

SS Newbie

• 13 posts
  • Owns:TBSS

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:43 PM

Hello,

I`ve been working with Mark Williams (http://markwilliams.com/) to get this done and now they are ready to start making this.
Completely new, NOT resplined oem input shaft.

It is going to be superior quality as always with Mark Williams, a top of the line producer of custom drive line parts, and it`s made from 4340 steel and heat treated in house by them.

I need 20 or more people to commit to this, so we can get this price.

It is going to be $685+shipping. I would need half now and rest when order is going to be placed when we got 20 or more people in.

There has been some interest in the TBSSOWNERS.COM(where I`m a vendor) and silveradoss.com also , so this will be on there too, here is the link to both 

If you are interested to join in this, pm me and/or reply to this thread.

I will update this post if we get enough interest.

1. FRICKIN-FRISBY
2. ls1_chevelle
3. ClintTBSS 
4. Flipzslick

Thanks,

Pete

Edited by Pete466, 16 October 2017 - 02:25 PM.

#2 zachm89

zachm89

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Arrival Blue
  • Year:2003
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

As badly as I want to do an 80e swap in the SSS I just bought like I did in my old SSS, spending an extra 700 bucks for the input shaft adapter just makes me cringe. I dont remember what Time2Kill used to charger for his resplined units but even those were expensive, and to be fair they were plenty strong enough. Good luck getting enough people together for the group purchase, too bad the price isn't a bit easier to swallow for me. :cheers:

2BFAST: im a prick, so dont feel bad
zachm89: oh i dont. if Jon is going to play ITG every night then we have every right to put him back in his place....the kitchen... :P

Performance: D1sc Procharger, Lunati 227/233 .584/.584 113, ARH LT's, Borla XR-1, Zippy Tune, 80E, PATC 3600, HPM efans, Billet catch can (blue), MSD 8.5's, SLP 160* stat
Looks/Interior: McGaughy's 2" shackles, Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit, 8k HID lows, 6k HID highs Viper 5901 remote start/alarm

SOLD

New PB as of 10-14-11: 11.70 @ 112 with a 1.72 60'

#3 Pete466

Pete466

SS Newbie

• 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

As badly as I want to do an 80e swap in the SSS I just bought like I did in my old SSS, spending an extra 700 bucks for the input shaft adapter just makes me cringe. I dont remember what Time2Kill used to charger for his resplined units but even those were expensive, and to be fair they were plenty strong enough. Good luck getting enough people together for the group purchase, too bad the price isn't a bit easier to swallow for me. :cheers:

Well it is what it is, I don`t control the pricing, Mark Williams do.

I would rather pay little extra to get verified quality work done by reputable company, and part made from 4340 steel to be able to use 4L80E trans.

Rather than reworked and reheat treated OEM part.

Thanks,

Pete

#4 zachm89

zachm89

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Arrival Blue
  • Year:2003
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

I wasn't knocking the idea, or your efforts to get something like this done for the guys who are still in the market to do an 80e swap so lose the high and mighty :)

Also, you can't really claim these to be "superior" to anything if they don't even exist yet. Let alone any being installed and tested/proven. The re-splined units that have been used for years now have had a grand total of zero failures to date and are in some very heavy and very powerful trucks. So to discredit the efforts and workmanship of those who have made, sold and used the re-splined factory units by advertising these as superior is a bit of a joke. And again, that's not to say that Mark doesn't make quality products, or that you're not putting in a good effort by getting something like this going for the people who otherwise would be forced to come up with their own solution to the 80e swap problem. Let's just be happy that there is ultimately a solution to those who want to do an 80e swap, even if it is over priced. 

2BFAST: im a prick, so dont feel bad
zachm89: oh i dont. if Jon is going to play ITG every night then we have every right to put him back in his place....the kitchen... :P

Performance: D1sc Procharger, Lunati 227/233 .584/.584 113, ARH LT's, Borla XR-1, Zippy Tune, 80E, PATC 3600, HPM efans, Billet catch can (blue), MSD 8.5's, SLP 160* stat
Looks/Interior: McGaughy's 2" shackles, Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit, 8k HID lows, 6k HID highs Viper 5901 remote start/alarm

SOLD

New PB as of 10-14-11: 11.70 @ 112 with a 1.72 60'

#5 Pete466

Pete466

SS Newbie

• 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

I wasn't knocking the idea, or your efforts to get something like this done for the guys who are still in the market to do an 80e swap so lose the high and mighty :)

Also, you can't really claim these to be "superior" to anything if they don't even exist yet. Let alone any being installed and tested/proven. The re-splined units that have been used for years now have had a grand total of zero failures to date and are in some very heavy and very powerful trucks. So to discredit the efforts and workmanship of those who have made, sold and used the re-splined factory units by advertising these as superior is a bit of a joke. And again, that's not to say that Mark doesn't make quality products, or that you're not putting in a good effort by getting something like this going for the people who otherwise would be forced to come up with their own solution to the 80e swap problem. Let's just be happy that there is ultimately a solution to those who want to do an 80e swap, even if it is over priced. 

I said "superior quality", so you claim there quality control is not superior? Do you have some insight rest of us don`t know about ? And I wasn`t comparing it to anything else either.

And for that matter, a simple carbon copy coupler made from stronger steel than factory one is not going to be needing any testing, period. It will work.

Also did not discredit anything, just stated that I would rather use new part than reworked and reheat treated, thats all. I`m sure resplined factory shaft is fine and strong but I would not use it if I had a choice.

But then again we all have our opinions, right? 

Thank you for yours and have a great blessed day.

Pete

#6 Pete466

Pete466

SS Newbie

• 13 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

I guess some good news, I was able to negotiate same price for 10+ pieces and we have a confirmed part #, it is PA-003 available only through me.

#7 Pete466

Pete466

SS Newbie

• 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

I tried to add CAD drawing of the part but it will not allow me to do that.

You can go and see it here http://www.tbssowner...p-purchase.html

Pete

#8 Pete466

Pete466

SS Newbie

• 13 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

We have first two people in the list!!

Lets get the ball rolling, you know you want to buy this, lets go.

Pete

#9 Pete466

Pete466

SS Newbie

• 13 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

On the side note, I just received info from Mark Williams that few people has been trying to buy this coupler directly from them.
That will not work. As I said earlier THIS PART IS AVAILABLE ONLY THROUGH ME, I HAVE ALL THE RIGHTS TO IT.
If you want it, join in to this GB.

Thanks,

Pete

#10 Pete466

Pete466

SS Newbie

• 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

We have three people on this already.

Come on, you know you want to buy this too  :thumbsup:

Pete