Magna Flow true x vs. x pipe

Robbins1310

hey Guys looking for info on the difference between magna flow tue x muffler and having a x pipe, i have an 03 ss with a 6.2 aluminum block, custom cam forged internals, pro charged with alot more extras. my question is do i have to have an x pipe if i run a magna flow true x muffler? does the magna flow do the same thing as an x pipe? ive got kooks long tube headers with kooks intermediate pipe ,immediately after the intermediate pipes i want to put the true x dual muffler and right after that both pipes will turn down after muffler under truck. NO CATS.. DO I HAVE TO HAVE AN X PIPE AS WELL? has anyone done this?

Edited by Robbins1310 (see edit history)

You don't have to have anything connecting the 2 sides of your exhaust. That said having a x pipe is supposed to be better. The likelihood of someone having dyno numbers comparing x pipe vs x muffler vs both together are pretty slim. I'd say the safest bet would be X pipe 1st then with 2 separate straight through mufflers keeping both sides of the exhaust as equal of length as possible before and after the x would be best just because that's what most aftermarket systems are.

Just do like I did on my procharged truck and run a single 4" exhaust. I tried out more exhaust combinations than I care to admit and the sinlge 4" with a borla XR-1 muffler was without a doubt the best sounding exhaust I ever had on my truck. Youll need a flowmaster dual 3 to single 4 merge, some 4" straight pipe, some 4" mandrel bends (number of bends will be determined based on if you want the exhaust to go over the axle or dump before) and a muffler. Super simple, performs great, little to no drone at highway speeds and sounds amazing.

Right now, you're waaaaaay over complicating the exhaust.

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)