Sign in to follow this  
EXGM

Looking for a mirror puddle light

As title says I'm looking for a mirror puddle light.... I tried to take mine out yesterday and the dang plastic was brittle and the tab broke off! I'm looking for the part I highlighted in the picture below in yellow.... doesn't look like its serviced by itself. Wasn't sure if someone has a broken mirror laying around and would sell me the lens part. If I can't find one I may go hit the local u-pull it but figured I would ask here first.

post-26852-0-62668000-1503973538_thumb.jpg

Nobody has a broken mirror sitting around?

Picked up some today at the u pull it. I got 3 so I have some spares.....

Hey Matt,

What year truck did you get your lamps out of? What did the yard charge for them?

Just curious about how many years they used these mirrors.

I pulled some off some Escalades and a Tahoe of similar vintage (think the Cads were 04s and Tahoe not sure). All the GMT 800s of that vintage with the uplevel mirror (turn signal mirror) used same parts. The pick in pull didn't charge me for them but I paid entry fee (actually had coupon for free entry) but I did spend several hundred dollars on parts for a new project.... I'll post pics later in the General area........ ;-)

Edited by EXGM

Replaced the mirror perimeter bulbs today and both tabs also broke!!!! Tried to look for replacements and no luck... :cry: Probably will have to get new cheap mirrors with puddle lights off of e&@y to get new ones.

Edited by Distracted

Just find a u pull it junk yard by you. I grabbed 3 puddle lights off some trucks that were there. I now have spares!

There availible new but there like $100...

I grabbed some from the local pick your part since the scum bags steal the mirror glass but cut the wires and ruin the mirrors.