Best to members in Harvey's path

its so devastating right now in Houston! my grandparents lost there house due to the flooding! i have so many friends that lost they home and had to be rescued by boat! i have no words! HOUSTON STRONG! I am fine just so much going on. i will be back with a update. Thank you y'all!

Glad to hear your doing OK. Sorry to hear about your Grandparents. It's hard to concieve of the number of homes destroyed around Houston. We haven't even begun to hear those numbers yet.

I've been watching the news and thinking that living there has to be an absolute nightmare right now.

I'm on the east coast and we get hurricanes regularly but none have been anything like Harvey.

Super lucky over here on NW side of town. Had water up the driveway a little bit but didn't actually reach vehicles. Areas really close by are underwater, and at least one, possibly two tornadoes hit nearby too.

Richard

Good to hear that you and your family have dodged the bullet Richard. Sure hope the worst is over for the Houston area.

I brightened this pic up a little to show some detail. This was early Monday 08-28-2017, right at 2AM. Water is about a foot deep in the street and flowing like a river; I was freaking out because it rose up to there pretty quickly and I figured if it was flowing like that, a lot more was coming. It's a couple feet away from the back tire of my Intimidator.

08-28-2017%202am%20harvey.jpg

I kept going outside and checking...at 3AM I could see the center of the street again. That 2AM pic is the highest the water got here; completely amazing...lucky as hell.

Richard

I brightened this pic up a little to show some detail. This was early Monday 08-28-2017, right at 2AM. Water is about a foot deep in the street and flowing like a river; I was freaking out because it rose up to there pretty quickly and I figured if it was flowing like that, a lot more was coming. It's a couple feet away from the back tire of my Intimidator.

I kept going outside and checking...at 3AM I could see the center of the street again. That 2AM pic is the highest the water got here; completely amazing...lucky as hell.

Richard

Glad to hear you dodged the bullet on the flooding.

It's a mighty bad feeling watching flood waters creep up on your house and stuff.

I guess I got pretty lucky too.

Man that's CLOSE...

I couldn't get my truck any farther up the driveway because my old 300 (for sale) was sitting ahead of it, my wife's SS next to it on the other side, and my new 300 is in the garage.

I figured if it started to look any worse I'd get out there and jack up the back of the Intimidator and set it down on ramps. It would have taken a couple more feet of water before anything like the transmission or interior was in danger but no sense getting water in the rear end either...

Richard