What did they include with the 3k invoice?

If it is an upgraded 65e and they are removing and reinstalling it then it's not terrible. If it's a reman or they are rebuilding it then that is far too much IMO. Are you able to remove and reinstall it? If so, you can get a stocker for several hundred and swap it yourself. It's rather easy, don't need a lift at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The title of this thread made me think I was clicking into something else lol.

BTW I had about that into my 4l80e swap with a freshened up used trans, new circle d billet triple disc converter and trucool 40k swap.

Lol I thought the same thing..... you might want to look at a GM reman trans. They have a 3yr 100k warranty and a $200 mail in rebate. Should be less then what you were quoted.....

I swapped to the 4l80e and have about that much in mine! Got a used trans and had it freshened up and a transgo hd2 kit put In it and a circle d converter. Trucool. and 2 new driveshafts built. I'd hate for you to spend 3k on basically the same transmission and be in the same boat later.

Having no idea what mods the OP has done to his truck, if it's mostly stock then no need for the 4l80. It doesn't sound like he wants to do the work himself and if that's the case no way is he swapping to a 4l80 with a $1200 converter for $3000. Not to mention he would need to modify or get another input gear for his transfer case to work with the 4l80.

ordered new tranny from chevy .coming from michigan should b here early this week hope so need truck back on bike which i love but hate riding i rain lol did it twice already sucks ..chevy dealer didn't have it in stock so was ordered

ordered new tranny from chevy .coming from michigan should b here early this week hope so need truck back on bike which i love but hate riding i rain lol did it twice already sucks ..chevy dealer didn't have it in stock so was ordered

Brand new trans should hold you for a while. :thumbsup:

Took it back making weird noise they fixed it only think rattling now is needs new cat coverter so 02 sensor went.. but still. Really thinking bout selling and it was a shop not dealer

It's always frustrating when a vehicle starts nickle and dime-ing you but give it plenty of thought. Most guys wind up regretting selling.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I had a bad time with my transfer case and buying a bad used transfer case off a guy on this site actually and was so close to selling that pig. Cleaned her up yesterday and man am I glad I didn't, for one I can't stand a seat belt chime, I know I need to put it on but give me a sec! lol don't have that issue with my truck. Just so many positives about it once u get her dialed in it's worth the hassle in the end