New Member Phenomenon

I used to have a 06 z71 which i bought new and drove that around everywhere. Some jerkoff stole it so i needed another truck. I didnt feel like buying a new one so I looked at older ones and remembered that I always wanted a Syclone. While I was looking at a few, I seen a dealer selling the truck that I own now. I literally had this shipped across country from Pa to Hi.

I’m going to jump in here and say what’s up from South Eastern Pa! I’ve had my SS for a few years now and I think it’s time to start building her. I’m hoping there’s some valuable info on here to help with the process. My ultimate goal is to stomp the hell outta every Lightning I come across!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just "looked" for a couple of months while shopping and deciding what to buy. Spent the last 22 years in Dodge Diesels. Finally sold the last one and jumped-ship!

Practically, an Sierra Denali would've been better, but I just couldn't make myself drive an "old man's truck"! Needed a little pizzaz! Until Dec. '17, I'd never considered an SSS. Heck, I haven't seen one on the road in years (I thought they only came in blue!). But when looking at gas burners, the SSS is the only really sporty truck (will balls enough to actually do some work) out there (maybe an 4 door SRT, but they're high priced, and aren't rated to haul as much as the SSS). They were cheap a few years ago). At work, we have had several 6.0 HD trucks over the years, so I know the engine and truck are drop-dead dependable, and plenty stout (a little disappointed about the puny front diff, and transfer case nuisances, but...).

I've joined, and will post from time-to-time. Plan on keeping my 98K mile beauty stock, so I won't be posting about mods, and all that. Only attention mine needs is some front diff love (a little whine while on the throttle). I'll also add a trailer brake controller (yea, she's gonna get worked occasionally). My red '65 Malibu SS, behind her, on the trailer is going to look good.

Edited by FASTDIESEL (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am new to this forum and greatly appreciate all of the info provided herein. My recently acquired SSS will benefit from and resiliently reflect all the good (and reasonable) advice that the veterans here have to offer. :pepsicheer: