Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Black
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:14 AM

Service brake system light on took it to the dealer want $990 to fix it what else can I do any info help.

#2 monster1213

monster1213

SS Member

• Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Name:Ethan
  • Color:Arrival Blue
  • Year:2003
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:55 PM

Not sure what brake codes it was throwing, but I'm assuming that quote was to purchase and install a new EBCM? If they recommend totally replacing the module, why couldn't you buy one for $160 and do it yourself?

The Blue Bomb mods:

K&N CAI, BTR Stage III truck cam 218/224 .553/.553 113 LSA, BTR springs and pushrods, ARH 1 7/8 headers/cat-less mids to Corsa Sport, MSD 8.5mm wires, AC Delco spark plugs, Yank TT3000 converter, TransGo shift kit, corvette servo, Sonax billet 4th servo, TruCool 40k cooler, Moog steering/suspension and Belltech Street Perf shocks.

"Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some frickin' muscle." -David Wooderson
-2003 Silverado SS
-2016 Chevrolet SS

-1994 GMC Sierra

#3 eberhama

eberhama

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Color:Silver Birch Metallic
  • Year:2005
  • Drivetrain:4WD

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

If you truck is clean, you can just take the 4 bolts off the top of the abs unit, and have yours rebuilt, or swap it with a junkyard unit. No need to touch the hydraulic side. If you have a rust belt truck, you'll have to swap the whole unit as the screws will be rusted up, and you'll probably twist off a few brake lines getting it out. Find out the codes first, might just be a front sensor or something easy to fix.

#4 payton23

payton23

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Color:Black
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:54 AM

Not sure what brake codes it was throwing, but I'm assuming that quote was to purchase and install a new EBCM? If they recommend totally replacing the module, why couldn't you buy one for $160 and do it yourself?

Thanks

Thanks

If you truck is clean, you can just take the 4 bolts off the top of the abs unit, and have yours rebuilt, or swap it with a junkyard unit. No need to touch the hydraulic side. If you have a rust belt truck, you'll have to swap the whole unit as the screws will be rusted up, and you'll probably twist off a few brake lines getting it out. Find out the codes first, might just be a front sensor or something easy to fix.

Thanks

Edited by payton23, 19 July 2017 - 02:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users