2006 Silverado SS speaker dimensions?

Hey all,

Does anyone know the dimensions of the speakers in these trucks? Mine has the Bose system if that matters.

I looked in my truck and saw two in the front on the door panels, two tweeters in the front above the dash, and two in the rear on the door panels above the cupholders.

From what I have found online, it looks like the front are 6 1/2" speakers and the rear are 4" x 6". Can anyone could confirm this for me?

I replaced a rear one a while ago with AC Delco 15288247 (GM, Bose Replacement). I purchased from Amazon, $60.78 each. The fronts are ACDelco 15236987 (GM, Bose Replacement) $62.68 each.

From what I remember the stock Bose speakers have a different Ohm rating than most speakers. If you are going to install aftermarket speakers you may need to run them off of an aftermarket amp or head unit.

You're correct about the size on both front and back speakers

6 1/2 front with tweeters on the pillar

4 x 6 rear

And I think a (6" or 8") sub in the center console. But I could be wrong on the sub size.

There's a sub in the center console??

IIRC a friend of mine in high school had an extended cab with the Bose system and to install an aftermarket head unit with the stock speakers and amp he needed an adaptor from Bose to make it all work.

I would not be surprised, Bose is pretty bad with their proprietary stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a pioneer unit installed and just bought the conversion harness from Crutchfield. Only problem I have is the installer couldn't get the steering controls to worK correctly. Only got the volume buttons to work.