Replacing brakes, parts needed

PVerspeek

Dear,

We are currently replacing some parts of the rear brakes. Most parts I can find overhere in Belgium, Europe, like the discs, the brakepads, ... But one thing is a problem. The shield behind the disc is totaly rusted.

I would like to order 2 of them, brand new, but don't know how or what.

Can someone please help me in finding the right part for my 2004 Silverado SS?

Thanks

Pascal

I put Dorman 924-222 - Brake dust shields on last year. You can get brake dust shields in either 1 piece or 2 piece. The 2 piece allows install with the axle in place. For the 1 piece you would need to pull the axles

Yes. That is the one. Can I order @ GMPartsDirect as European customer, and do they ship to Belgium?

Thanks!!

Pascal

I put Dorman 924-222 - Brake dust shields on last year. You can get brake dust shields in either 1 piece or 2 piece. The 2 piece allows install with the axle in place. For the 1 piece you would need to pull the axles

Do you have a link for that please?

I found these on Rock Auto when I was rebuilding the brakes on my 03.

I have no idea whether or not Rock Auto will ship to Belgium.

Best luck with your search.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,2004,silverado+1500,6.0l+v8,1427565,brake+&+wheel+hub,brake+backing+plate,1628

If I remember right; The aftermarket, (Dorman), makes this shield a two piece part so that you don't have to remove the axle to replace it.

EDIT;

Went back and checked the page again. Dorman part # 924222 is a two piece assembly.

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

I found these on Rock Auto when I was rebuilding the brakes on my 03.

I have no idea whether or not Rock Auto will ship to Belgium.

Best luck with your search.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,2004,silverado+1500,6.0l+v8,1427565,brake+&+wheel+hub,brake+backing+plate,1628

If I remember right; The aftermarket, (Dorman), makes this shield a two piece part so that you don't have to remove the axle to replace it.

EDIT;

Went back and checked the page again. Dorman part # 924222 is a two piece assembly.

Thanks! Much appreciated!. Will have a look, and contact them.