Beautiful Intimidator SS for sale with 44k miles

Tru Killer

Not mine, but I came across it when searching for a new truck. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=458594182

Lowball them. They have to know that they are high on the asking price. "Aggressive pricing" indeed.

Tough to get a 25K loan on a eleven year old truck.

I have mine wonder if I could get the 25k

Worth a shot bro! Lol

That looks like a great deal for 20K.

I don't think it will last long someone will pick it up even without the paperwork. Personally I wouldn't.

I still don't get the opinion on the COA. Having it would be cool but it's just a collectible item. Not having it does not make it not an ISS. Positive ID can be done very easily from the RPO codes. Can't fake those. Sure, a really motivated person could make a fake SPID label for the glovebox but it would be hard to make a perfectly convincing one, and running the VIN through compnine or a build report from the dealer would expose the fraud.

Richard

I still don't get the opinion on the COA. Having it would be cool but it's just a collectible item. Not having it does not make it not an ISS. Positive ID can be done very easily from the RPO codes. Can't fake those. Sure, a really motivated person could make a fake SPID label for the glovebox but it would be hard to make a perfectly convincing one, and running the VIN through compnine or a build report from the dealer would expose the fraud.

Richard

To me it's the whole point of having a intimidator. I can make a intimidator clone from a regular SS easily. If you don't have the documents to go with it it's just a regular SS to me. The intimidator SS is the top of the SS's and having that certificate just adds to it. This is all just my personal opinion of course. I understand you can call GM and verify it Ive done it before. But if I'm going to spend $25k, $20k or even $15k for a intimidator better have the documents.

You don't even need to call GM, that's my point. The SPID label in my glovebox clearly shows the RPO code for an Intimidator. You can't fake that, not easily...and if you did, it's easy to reveal the fake.

And sure, technically it's simple to clone (not make) an Intimidator from a regular SS, but in reality not so easy. Of course you have to start with an '06 as any earlier year model would instantly give it away, even if you convert to the '06 front end and 2WD. Finding all the original parts is challenging, especially the tailgate wing. The fiberglass reproduction doesn't even come close. The emblems are expensive (I know - I bought them for my repaint) and the slightly narrower one for the tailgate is tricky to find. The Intimidator dash emblem is difficult, too, and while you might find the headrests, they'll set you back more than a few bucks. The little sticker inside the driver's door is out there new but I think supply may be drying up.

So apparently a large number of Intimidators no longer have the COA once the original owner sells the truck. To say they aren't Intimidators anymore because of this is kinda silly. My opinion.

Richard

You don't even need to call GM, that's my point. The SPID label in my glovebox clearly shows the RPO code for an Intimidator. You can't fake that, not easily...and if you did, it's easy to reveal the fake.

And sure, technically it's simple to clone (not make) an Intimidator from a regular SS, but in reality not so easy. Of course you have to start with an '06 as any earlier year model would instantly give it away, even if you convert to the '06 front end and 2WD. Finding all the original parts is challenging, especially the tailgate wing. The fiberglass reproduction doesn't even come close. The emblems are expensive (I know - I bought them for my repaint) and the slightly narrower one for the tailgate is tricky to find. The Intimidator dash emblem is difficult, too, and while you might find the headrests, they'll set you back more than a few bucks. The little sticker inside the driver's door is out there new but I think supply may be drying up.

So apparently a large number of Intimidators no longer have the COA once the original owner sells the truck. To say they aren't Intimidators anymore because of this is kinda silly. My opinion.

Richard

Bro we live in a age of technology anything can be faked if you really want it and faked so good you can't even tell it's fake.

For you it might be difficult. It's all about knowing the right person and fortunately for me I do. You can be happy with your intimidator im not trying to take anything away from people who own one without the COA but in my case i wouldn't purchase one without the COA that was my point, my opinion.

Bro we live in a age of technology anything can be faked if you really want it and faked so good you can't even tell it's fake.

For you it might be difficult. It's all about knowing the right person and fortunately for me I do. You can be happy with your intimidator im not trying to take anything away from people who own one without the COA but in my case i wouldn't purchase one without the COA that was my point, my opinion.

I've been looking for intimidator parts for a while and can't find any, can you point me in the right direction to find these parts??? Anyone you know interested in selling them... thanks!

You'd have to know someone who could change the options associated with the trucks VIN at the GM corporate level, wouldn't be easy or worth the comparatively small bump in price, IMO. On the other hand, a junior high kid with a few photoshop skills could fart out a convincing COA without too much trouble. Wouldn't be a selling point/deal breaker for me.

I've been looking for intimidator parts for a while and can't find any, can you point me in the right direction to find these parts??? Anyone you know interested in selling them... thanks!

Pm'd you