Steering rebuild kit

Here's a list of the Moog parts I ordered and successfully installed from RockAuto for right around $280. Fit was great for my 03 AWD.

Inner tie rod P/N: ES3488 qty: 2

Outer tie rod P/N: ES3493T qty: 2

Upper ball joint P/N: K6540 qty: 2

Lower ball joint P/N: K6541 qty: 2

Here's a list of the Moog parts I ordered and successfully installed from RockAuto for right around $280. Fit was great for my 03 AWD.

Inner tie rod P/N: ES3488 qty: 2

Outer tie rod P/N: ES3493T qty: 2

Upper ball joint P/N: K6540 qty: 2

Lower ball joint P/N: K6541 qty: 2

Thanks Brother. :thumbsup:

Awesome thanks for the help gentlemen. I see some places offer a complete moog kit for vehicles but this Silverado SS is an exception (most times when you buy a kit it'll be about $100 cheaper). I'll have to go the Rick auto route. They're usually my go to unless they screw you on shipping 3 different parts from 3 different warehouses. I figured I'd even do a steering stabilizer while I'm in there (I know you don't need them for a rack and pinion but it'll be less wear and tear on everything).

Awesome thanks for the help gentlemen. I see some places offer a complete moog kit for vehicles but this Silverado SS is an exception (most times when you buy a kit it'll be about $100 cheaper). I'll have to go the Rick auto route. They're usually my go to unless they screw you on shipping 3 different parts from 3 different warehouses. I figured I'd even do a steering stabilizer while I'm in there (I know you don't need them for a rack and pinion but it'll be less wear and tear on everything).

Don't forget your pittman arm.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I wasn't able to find time to do the front end yet. I was only able to install a steering stabilizer which seemed to help a great deal (I know these are only band aids but I figured it'd be less wear and tear on the front end). My question is that I've been browsing Rockauto and it seems they have a whole front end kit made by mevotech. It seems to be mixed reviews about this company and it looks like the bad reviews were mostly a couple years ago. Does anyone have any experiences with this brand? It seems like for around 400 the entire front end would be pretty mint (this even includes control arms). I don't mind piecing together anything moog as well if this brand is terrible.

I can't provide a link since the rockauto site is finicky but it's labeled under KIT85 mevotech

Hey I wasn't able to find time to do the front end yet. I was only able to install a steering stabilizer which seemed to help a great deal (I know these are only band aids but I figured it'd be less wear and tear on the front end). My question is that I've been browsing Rockauto and it seems they have a whole front end kit made by mevotech. It seems to be mixed reviews about this company and it looks like the bad reviews were mostly a couple years ago. Does anyone have any experiences with this brand? It seems like for around 400 the entire front end would be pretty mint (this even includes control arms). I don't mind piecing together anything moog as well if this brand is terrible.

I can't provide a link since the rockauto site is finicky but it's labeled under KIT85 mevotech

I've never heard of Mevotech and considering what is dependent on your front end staying together, I personally wouldn't even search for reviews of Mevotechs quality. I would just buy Moog and be done with it. But that's just me. My passengers and my own safety is worth the hassle of buying known quality pieces one at a time if that's the way it's got to be, and paying the price for those parts. I wouldn't stress the least bit about not finding a Moog all in one "kit".

• 1 month later...