Bouncy ss..please help

Ssfan60

​

Ive driven trucks all my life 5 different ones.. None this bouncy

the key word here that you put is "crappy" roads, we have crappy roads here in the bay area as well and yes it does get bouncy in the truck, guess it's normal since I am currently at 37k on my odometer :sleep:, did read one article where these trucks were being compared to Rams, stating that the suspensions on these trucks aren't as fined tuned or good as the Rams, don't know what to think about that however am planning on installing some of those Belltech shocks anyways they seem promising! :jester:

George

​

The new rams 1/2 tons have coil springs so yes they ride more car like. If the suspension is all original its probably overdue for some new shocks...I

I meant that they were comparing them to the Rams back then in 2004, my truck has 37k miles and it's an uncomfortable ride at times, anything I can do to make the ride more car like? (I know they don't have coil springs but still)

â

I meant that they were comparing them to the Rams back then in 2004, my truck has 37k miles and it's an uncomfortable ride at times, anything I can do to make the ride more car like? (I know they don't have coil springs but still)

Unfortunately your dealing with over 20 year old technology. These trucks were engineered in the late 90s. They have improved trucks since then with even stiffer frames and better suspension tuning.... at the time they were cutting edge. If you want a better ride put about 300 pounds in the back..... lol. Once they have a load they ride way smoother.

Now that I think about it I think what your referring to is called beaming. Is it worse on concrete roads with expansion joints? If so that is what is called beaming and it just the frame flexing. Best way to describe is when you look in rear view mirror and it looks like tail gate is jumping up and down.......

• 5 months later...