• PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Name:Robert
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Arrival Blue
  • Year:2003
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

So it has rained for the past few days an last night I hit a puddle, huge puddle I didn't even see. So my SS has the Volant ram air tube that runs from the bottom of the box to the Brake duct. I have a custom SS screen to stop anything from being sucked in EXCEPT WATER. Now today I go to hop in the truck and she is stammering and refuses to accelerate. I've been running her in the driveway everything. Hopefully she just needs more time to dry out. Any Advice would be greatly appreciated

Texas_Bowtie_2.jpgIn The Absence Of Orders, Find Something And Kill It. - Erwin Johannes Eugen Rommel (The Desert Fox)

#2 SS&Sierra_84

SS&Sierra_84

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

God I hope I didn't suck a ton of water in because then I'll be up shit creek.

Texas_Bowtie_2.jpgIn The Absence Of Orders, Find Something And Kill It. - Erwin Johannes Eugen Rommel (The Desert Fox)

#3 SS&Sierra_84

SS&Sierra_84

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

Disregard, I fixed it. The water shot up an knocked some plug wires loose. Snapped em back into place and all is well.

#4 SSmoothSilSS

SSmoothSilSS

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
  • Color:Victory Red

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

Check your maf screen also, if it not running just right.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/220485 03 Red Silverado SS, Frederico F/B Swaybars, 03 Honeycomb Grille, 22" Replicas, Lowered 2/2 with Bell Tech Spindles and Shackles. BlackBear Tune.

03 Silverado RCSB Clone SS, 4/6 Drop, Chrome 22 Reps, 6.0 LQ0 Motor, (in progress)

96 Impala SS Black, mods include CIA Headers, Cat Delete, SSmooth Bumpers, Alu. Driveshaft, Herb Adams Sway Bars, JM Control Arms, Eibach Springs, Simmons Wheels 18 inch.
2010 Camaro RS/SS BLK 6 sp. 22 inche SV-1 Wheel, Pedders Adj. Coil overs.

Black SS clone #3
  Silverado SS Silverado SS

#5 LD03SS

LD03SS

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts
  • Name:Muggs

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:35 AM

Disregard, I fixed it. The water shot up an knocked some plug wires loose. Snapped em back into place and all is well.

cool good to hear you figured it out :)
Volant CAI with ram air tube, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, Magnaflow dual in / dual out with built in X-pipe, dumped, NGK TR55IX plugs,160 Stat, Ported Polished throttle body, MAF descreened, no cats, Wheatley Tune, Vette Servo, Cowl induction hood, Shopman1 Bowtie, 5 piece billet grille, Rhino liner, Lightly smoked LED tail lights, 4 light high-beam mod, 20% tint, 2" lowing rear shackles, Energy Suspension Poly front sway bar bushings, 05 Tahoe lower spoiler, Amsoil fluids, 10.4mm Taylor ThunderVolt wires, Belltech shocks, clear corner headlights and bumper lights, Nitto 420's 305/50-20 all the way around on stock silver SS wheels, Escalade style dash cluster and needles, Memphis 10 sub in box, Hifonics amp, Eclipse double din, Painted red brake calipers, Painted engine covers, Electric fans conversion, Throttle body coolant bypass mod, Viper remote start.

#6 SS&Sierra_84

SS&Sierra_84

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

The force of the water shot up and knocked some of the plug wires loose. I wouldn't believe it but I googled to see if it was true and sure enough. 3 plug wires were loose.

#7 EXGM

EXGM

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:23 PM

Hope you learned you don't drive through puddles..... lol. Your lucky you didn't do some damage. I would check your diffs and t case. Make sure no water got in the vent tubes..... sounds like you got in a little deep.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users