4L80E conversion exhaust routing

prestinb

Getting ready to do a 4L80E conversion in my 06 GMC Sierra 2WD Vortec Max with torsion bar front suspension. Currently have ARH headers and catless crossover pipes. Going to use Dtrfab81 tubular transmission crossover. Does the crossover exhaust pipe coming from the driver's side have to be changed at all to accommodate the 4L80E? Is the 4L80E pan in the same location? Any assistance would greatly be appreciated so I can start accounting for changes.

prestinb

My ARH y pipe hit my trans crossmember a little bit but all I had to do was grind a little bit off of one of the corners and it was fine. My crossmember was very boxy so with a tubular style crossmember or a modified factory crossmember it shouldnt be a problem at all.

After throwing my truck up on the lift and looking everything over thoroughly, my main concern is the crossover pipe from the drivers side to the passenger side. With the new tubular transmission cross member, there will be much more roof available above. Basically, as long as the 4L80E transmission pan is not deeper, it should be a non issue. Getting new cross member parts powder coated and accumulating parts slowly as funds become available.

prestinb