Photo
- - - - -

anyone running single 3 inch pipe all the way back with headers?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 liftedssguy

liftedssguy

SS Member

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Name:jordan
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Victory Red
  • Year:2004
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

ordering up some a1 7/8 headers with "offroad" y pipe,want to run a single 3 inch pipe all the way out the back using my 3 inch black widow venom 250....im wondering if anyone has a similar setup with a straight through or straight through-ish muffler and what there results where with this type of setup I.E estimated hp gains,sound of course,mileage etc...thanks in advance

#2 Denaliguy

Denaliguy

SS Member

• Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Owns:Fan
  • Color:Black

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

I'm running a corsa which is straight through with dynatech long tubes. No idea on hp probably like 10 at most by itself. Sound is amazing. 2 years later and I still can't help myself when I'm next to a wall haha. No mileage gains. I actually lost mpgs. Even when I drive well.

2002 Sierra Denali 

The Show: Recon smoked cab and fender lights, GTS taillight covers, Oracle Colorshift 2.0 halos in clear lens after market headlight housings, LED Concepts Colormorph fog light halos in new housings, Morimoto MH1 6.0 HID projector kit with 6000K bulbs, Oracle Colorshift 2.0 foot well LED's, and a custom made by myself 12 button lighted switch panel to control various things.

The Go: K&N CAI.... much much more coming soon.

The Future Go: FLT Level 7 65E, Vinci Trucker Cam, new rods, springs, rocker arms, etc. ARH Long-tubes with catted mid-pipes, dual wireless QTP cutouts, stock cat-back for that sleeper sound, TVS2300 Supercharger and all supporting mods. Also probably a heart transplant sine she has 170K miles on her.

#3 Johnnyblaze370

Johnnyblaze370

SS Member

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Name:Blaise
  • Color:Black
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:46 AM

I'm running a single 3 inch to a race venom dumped at the rear axle.  It is off a turbo and no cat, I love the way it sounds so far. Haven't noticed any drone yet. 

#4 SilveradoJakee

SilveradoJakee

SS Member

• Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Name:Jake
  • Color:Dark Grey Met
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

Love mine! 1 7/8 tsp tubes with 3 in borla xr 1. Love mine and when i cammed it. Got so much loader.

Edited by SilveradoJakee, 23 April 2017 - 10:15 PM.

#5 Trav_450R

Trav_450R

SS Member

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Color:Arrival Blue
  • Year:2003

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:31 AM

I bought mine with Pacesetter longtubes 3" dual that goes into a 3" single through a Flowmaster and then a Aero Turbine muffler to act as a resonator I assume. Sounds excellent. Only thing I've changed so far is their clamping setup. Went from those worthless two-bolt clamp style clamps to 3" V-bands with flex couplings coming off the headers. Best thing I've done so far, no exhaust leaks and the flex couplings take a lot of the stress out of the exhaust from the engine vibrations with the cam

As far as mileage and performance wise, I can't speak as compared to stock since I bought the truck this way.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I'm running a corsa which is straight through with dynatech long tubes. No idea on hp probably like 10 at most by itself. Sound is amazing. 2 years later and I still can't help myself when I'm next to a wall haha. No mileage gains. I actually lost mpgs. Even when I drive well.

You lose those MPGs cause you love how it sounds opened up... I know how it is!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Edited by Trav_450R, 22 May 2017 - 04:31 AM.

2003 AB Silverado SS AWD 6.0 Cam/stall/headers [email protected]

1997 Sierra C1500 SLE ext cab L31 Vortec, under the knife for a ProCharger and Edelbrock intake, Crower bumpstick...

1969 Mustang Grande GT 331 C4 auto street strip car...

1966 F100 shortbed project

2008 Honda TRX450ER LE MX quad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users