Need Towing Service

SSWhitechapel

Long story short. My truck is inoperable and currently in Fayetteville, NC. I need the truck towed to Maryland and looking for a tow service that will not charge me an arm and a leg. Please reply below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I could, but I'm deployed and am not physically with the vehicle. Close friends of mine are taking care of the vehicle and have made it possible to be moved to Fayetteville, NC from Spring Hill, FL. That's the farthest I'm able to get it with the resources I have.

Edited by SSWhitechapel (see edit history)

Never heard of them but that's cheap IMO. An actual tow truck would charge much more, no economy of scale where they can build a multi vehicle load. Before I saw your reply I was ready to comment you need a transport company.

Many of them simply are brokers for a number of indie transporters, but at that price I wouldn't think they are making much.

Most of them send out a flatbed to collect at origin point and then it gets dropped at a lot until transport can get there. Need to be sure that price includes door to door since it's inoperable, and that they understand it's inoperable. They can handle it but it does usually raise the price a bit.

Richard

Never heard of them but that's cheap IMO. An actual tow truck would charge much more, no economy of scale where they can build a multi vehicle load. Before I saw your reply I was ready to comment you need a transport company. Many of them simply are brokers for a number of indie transporters, but at that price I wouldn't think they are making much. Most of them send out a flatbed to collect at origin point and then it gets dropped at a lot until transport can get there. Need to be sure that price includes door to door since it's inoperable, and that they understand it's inoperable. They can handle it but it does usually raise the price a bit. Richard

I'm having a hard time finding a reliable Auto Transport service. The one my buddy suggested was shady as hell. Still looking around and thinking over my options.

I've also used DAS and had good luck. I don't know if they move disabled vehicles.... any place will probably charge a premium for a non running vehicle. There are websites that are brokers for shipping companies but you need to do your due diligence. Also if your not in a hurry you can ship cheaper as they use yours as a fill in for a load. Good luck!

Thanks to all who replied. I finally found someone who can transport my truck. Only $325! Got lucky that my friend knew someone who was picking up a vehicle in Delaware and was able to squeeze in the Maryland trip into their schedule.