Stolen SS - Houston TX

Hey everyone - so my SS was stolen out of my driveway a week and a half ago. Had a hell of a time with Onstar and now insurance is trying to lowball me.

First off, if you happen to spot it, let me know, but I REALLY doubt it. Black 2003, dark tint, soft tonneau, TX2K15 sticker on rear window, exhaust, clear corner headlight housings, HIDs, 22" chrome reps.

Secondly - Has anybody gone through trying to value our trucks to insurance and had them come up on their appraisal? I have been giving them all sorts of receipts for the mods and extended maintenance I did that *should* actually add value but they're barely giving me squat for it all. So far like 250 bucks for almost 7K in parts/labor. Also been sending them lots of pics to try and prove it was definitely not "average private value".

Thirdly - If you're in TX and have recently bought, sold, or traded in your SS with a dealer I'd be interested to hear what you got. Your transaction might help me get at least 10K for my truck, they're trying to offer me 8500. It had 150K on it, but I think it had way more value than that. I would have happily bought that truck for 12.5K. I bought it for 12.2K without a single mod and it needed tires.

Thanks everyone.

post-26536-0-75434600-1487889857_thumb.jpg

Sucks to hear of your loss bro, I've had one of mine stolen about a year and half ago and went though the same BS they always try to lowball you. Check your appraisal report (if you've received one) and make sure that the title says "SS" after the VIN. I say that because my insurance went through a third party appraiser (CCC1) or something like that, and they had LS after my trucks VIN and were really out to lowball me. But after two months of fighting with them over it they finally contacted (CCC1) and had the appraisal report redone with the proper submodel in the title and I got what my SS was worth, but it was an ISS so that made a bit more of a difference.... maybe.

Dammit man. :( Houston sucks for these trucks. I'm about ready to add some other crazy antitheft shit to mine in addition to the things I've already done.

Best of luck to you on getting yours back intact, or at least getting a decent payout from insurance.

Richard

This sucks, more and more SS' coming up missing weekly it seems like. When my brother flipped the truck I was building, his no name insurance offered us just under $13K or about $10K and a half if we wanted to keep the truck (which I obviously did to sell the drivetrain I had put into it.) The truck was a 2006 LS single cab short bed z71 with 92,XXX miles on it. I'm surprised they are only offering you barely more than half of what my truck brought. They're definitely cheating out. You should get 10-12 no problem imo even with 150K miles.

Sucks to hear of your loss bro, I've had one of mine stolen about a year and half ago and went though the same BS they always try to lowball you. Check your appraisal report (if you've received one) and make sure that the title says "SS" after the VIN. I say that because my insurance went through a third party appraiser (CCC1) or something like that, and they had LS after my trucks VIN and were really out to lowball me. But after two months of fighting with them over it they finally contacted (CCC1) and had the appraisal report redone with the proper submodel in the title and I got what my SS was worth, but it was an ISS so that made a bit more of a difference.... maybe.

Geico is using CCC1 too. I'll attach the report to this thread for now, let me know what you see? It does seem to be taking the SS into account... I'm mad at how little they're giving me for the updated suspension, brakes, and wheels that were on it. I easily could convince a dealer to pay more for the truck with these things on it...more than a few hundred for everything, I'm sure. This CCC1 company is BS.

I did get them to come up a bit on the condition with the pictures I added to the claim. So base value is up around 8700 now, but I know the condition of the truck inside and out would be "dealer retail". This is apparently the only step above "average private", but I bought it at a dealer in a HELL of a lot worse condition. I know they would just flip this truck without even noticing the exhaust needed replacing. Which was about the only problem with it.

Dammit man. :( Houston sucks for these trucks. I'm about ready to add some other crazy antitheft shit to mine in addition to the things I've already done. Best of luck to you on getting yours back intact, or at least getting a decent payout from insurance. Richard

Yeah, I honestly might have avoided buying one if I knew about Houston, but I'm from FL and never lived in TX. Didn't know how much business there was in stolen trucks here. I'm getting something that flies way lower on the radar of the degenerate folk who are out to build 'clones' and all that sh*t. Getting a Tacoma then going to supercharge it and just have a sleeper daily. I gave up on getting the SS back.

I would definitely recommend some antitheft, but even better, GPS tracking. I want to catch the next thief that tries to pull one on me. I had my phone and wallet stolen earlier this year. The tacoma will be used as a guinea pig for the aftermarket alarm and GPS tracking. If I like how it goes, I will let them install one in my Supra. I will HAVE to recover that if it gets stolen, I would never even find another one like it.

This sucks, more and more SS' coming up missing weekly it seems like. When my brother flipped the truck I was building, his no name insurance offered us just under $13K or about $10K and a half if we wanted to keep the truck (which I obviously did to sell the drivetrain I had put into it.) The truck was a 2006 LS single cab short bed z71 with 92,XXX miles on it. I'm surprised they are only offering you barely more than half of what my truck brought. They're definitely cheating out. You should get 10-12 no problem imo even with 150K miles.

Wow, that is a good valuation just for the z71.

EST-TOTALLOSS--9881-81-02-23-2017-17-12-19 (1).pdf

Edited by CaptKirk (see edit history)

Dammit man. :( Houston sucks for these trucks. I'm about ready to add some other crazy antitheft shit to mine in addition to the things I've already done. Best of luck to you on getting yours back intact, or at least getting a decent payout from insurance. Richard

I have recently been looking into anti-theft and anti-jack ideas as well. Been looking at some stuff from South Africa where it is worse.

Damn sorry for your loss bro... sucks to hear..

When I had my first SS stolen it took Allstate A month just to declare the truck really stolen lol.. and it took them A week and a half to get three appraisals from different Chevy dealerships around my local area to find out the estimate value of the truck and another week to pay me out...

Thanks guys. I was able to argue the value up to 10,700 with CCC1. The biggest thing that helped was having pictures, and showing receipts and work done to try and prove better value than "average private". Once they came up to "dealer retail" on a few line items that really helped.

As of now the 'average mileage' is 170K, so if yours is under this that will help out a lot too.

Dang! Sorry for your loss I live in Spring too

I'm pretty sure I see you cruising around from time to time. If you see someone wave in the future out of a blue mk4 Supra or a white Tacoma it's me :peelout:

I'm pretty sure I see you cruising around from time to time. If you see someone wave in the future out of a blue mk4 Supra or a white Tacoma it's me :peelout:

What gen Tacoma do you have?