ARH Headers & Cats

Mrrat1SS

he's been working on this last couple yearspost-24766-0-76811600-1490298668_thumb.jpgpost-24766-0-79944500-1490298685_thumb.jpg

1984 15th Anniversary T/A 468 Cube Pontiac built by the kids. Ported heads 244 @ 50 .500 lift cam. It should be about 450-475 horse.

They just finished putting on the front clip Monday. It's been off the road 20 years.

I had a bassani cat back on it already, headers gave a little more throaty/deeper sound. I think a tune will be a big step in performance.

It has a little stumble/hesitation off idle, and when its at light throttle cruise and you mash on the gas.

I had a bassani cat back on it already, headers gave a little more throaty/deeper sound. I think a tune will be a big step in performance.

It has a little stumble/hesitation off idle, and when its at light throttle cruise and you mash on the gas.

Fresh tune should clear that right up. You need the tune to get max benefits from your headers anyway.

Personally; I would have ordered the upgraded tune before I installed the headers and installed both at the same time.

CEL came on.........have Zippy sending me a new computer. I should have it sometime next week.

Truck has a slight stumble off idle and at part throttle cruise when you hit the gas.

Exhaust has a little gurgle to it also, figure running a little on the lean side IDK for sure.

Will report back when the new tune is in.

• 2 months later...

New tune is in!

I had an issue with plug wires and a broken ground strap. New wires installed and I fixed the strap. Runs great!

I don't like that it kicks down to first if I mash the gas at like 30 mph. It won't kick down from OD with light throttle.

Just wants to gradually accelerate so I have to hit the pedal more until it kicks down. Very minor!

I will address it when I make the next mod.