ARH Headers & Cats

Mrrat1SS

I have to bit the bullet, the cats just started to sound like a rod knock Monday. And check engine light popped on Wednesday night.

Probably getting ARH long tubes and mid pipes with cats.

Where have you guys bought them from? Anyone deal direct with ARH?

$1600 is a big nut but I don't have plans to sell and want to get the best out there.

Thanks in advance fellas!!

Yea, I just ordered a set of headers and mid pipes a couple weeks ago. Called ARH directly and the best price they could give was exactly what they listed on their website. I ended up ordering from Texas Speed for a little better price ($1400 or so). Despite not having them on the shelf, the delivery was pretty quick. I had them in less than two weeks.

Yea, I just ordered a set of headers and mid pipes a couple weeks ago. Called ARH directly and the best price they could give was exactly what they listed on their website. I ended up ordering from Texas Speed for a little better price ($1400 or so). Despite not having them on the shelf, the delivery was pretty quick. I had them in less than two weeks.

Agreed, Texas Speed is where I plan on purchasing a set of ARH headers soon also.

My 2003 Awd they slide right in removing the original ones and breaking bolts seems like the only problem I had my truck towed after the transmission was installed and I had the guy that tuned my truck order and install them I was gonna install them myself but he pretty much said he wouldn't touch it if I brought it to him with a bunch of bolts broken in the heads he said if he has to remove them he wants to be the one that broke them couldn't really argue with that plus he only charged me $300 to install the headers and retune for the transmission and stall converter and headers I was happy when all was done.

I did have to remove them when I swapped in some solid motor mounts It was easy to remove and easy to reinstall them no head aches at all.

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

I'd call Colorado Speed. They aren't on sale now but a few years ago when I was thinking of getting a set they were the cheapest. They have price match or beat guarantee on in stock Items. They might be able to beat the prices at Texas Speed.

http://www.coloradospeed.com/?main_page=index&cPath=2902_1689_1690&sort=20a&filter_id=387&alpha_filter_id=0

Only mods I have is a CAI and Bassani cat back which bolted right up to the stock mid pipes...........Guess I will get a Wheatly or Zippy mail order tune when headers are done!

Texas Speed has them for $1349 right now so gonna order them up on Monday.

Thanks again Guys!!!

• 2 weeks later...

$1599 with Cats..........

Seems my headers were never shipped. I called Thursday & Yesterday to find out where they are, and Texas Speed said ARH didn't process my order!

Don't know who's dropped the ball, but I have to drive around another 2 weeks with an open exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no header delivery..ordered on 2-20 still waiting. Talked to TX Speed on last week & ARH was still in process of building them. TX Speed said I was looking at delivery around 3-20.........I hope they are worth the wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived Saturday.........dropped off the truck to my buddies HS Vo-Tech class on Monday, he finished them up yesterday.

There was one bolt missing and turned out to be broken. Rear most bolt on Dr side. No way to drill in that spot. Would have to remove head.

Said it looked like it was missing for some time. So was left as is...........not leaking so maybe dodged a bullet.

He's dropping it off tonight at my house.

They actually shipped 2 sets of headers but caught their mistake and called me. They emailed a return shipping ticket!

So there is a set available at Texas Speed.........