EXGM

Tailgate upgrades

Tailgates in my area disappear left and right. I think they have become some sort of currency for thieves and meth heads. Will definitely be ordering one of the jimmi jammers soon.

Finally a day where I had a couple of hours free time. Installed my tailgate assist. Not to be outdone, installed one on each side. Overkill, but symmetrical.

feb707ccab4a84eb3310cce836843576.jpg

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Just discovered that the socks will support the weight of the tailgate and myself without cables. Much cleaner.cc83b1035afcac096e34cb70b2ed1372.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just discovered that the socks will support the weight of the tailgate and myself without cables. Much cleaner.cc83b1035afcac096e34cb70b2ed1372.jpg

I'm gonna do that. I get dz at cost through work. I hate how when I close my tailgate the cable sticks out on one side

ehhhh, they might seem like they support it OK but I think if you investigate how those struts are designed they are not meant to be load-bearing in that way.

Would suck to crater your gate because they decide to let go. And you really couldn't blame 'em if they did.

Richard

ehhhh, they might seem like they support it OK but I think if you investigate how those struts are designed they are not meant to be load-bearing in that way.

Would suck to crater your gate because they decide to let go. And you really couldn't blame 'em if they did.

Richard

The bed of my truck is covered in carpet and a Speedsturr. I'm not loading skids of 2000 lb cargo with a forklift. I'm sure for the things I load in the 'trunk' of my truck it will be fine.