• PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Name:George
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Black
  • Year:2004
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:33 AM

Hey guys i'm thinking of replacing my stock headlights set  on my 1997 Chevy c1500 pickup, on the right side a mechanic I took it to accidently splashed some brake fluid on the lens of either way I want to upgrade to some led headlights I don't know much about headlights but from what I've heard HID's are too bright and hotspots are common here's a link I've included http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:ITI like this design the "Halo Led projector lights", what is a good site to order from or could I order this housing and just buy a separate LED light kit and fit them inside the ebay ones?

#2 1BAD2K

1BAD2K

US A-Hole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts
  • Color:Silver Birch Metallic
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:47 AM

I don't think you'll be happy with the light output. If it were me and you like those lights, I would buy them, cut them open and put in some legit bi-xenon projectors with an OEM HID bulb (d2s) and run the 4-hi mod.
Current build: 2006 RCSB 4x4 - LS6, magnacharger, 4l80e, circle D, hydroboost, corsa, arh, beltech, coilovers, nvg149, baer+z06 upgrade, intro wheels... full on SS clone in the making.

#3 matslp488

matslp488

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Year:2005
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:14 AM

I used to have those on my obs with regular hids.... no bueno.. not enough light output from those projectors... I just switched them over for some regular clear headlights with black housings and my hids were brighter than the projectors

#4 diggerdan11

diggerdan11

“Were Your Favorite Teams Favorite Team"

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts
  • Owns:Fan

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

I don't think you'll be happy with the light output. If it were me and you like those lights, I would buy them, cut them open and put in some legit bi-xenon projectors with an OEM HID bulb (d2s) and run the 4-hi mod.

What He Said

<p>403241932712110s.jpg
2005 Silverado SS (Sold)
2007 GMC Yukon Denali
2010 BMW 335i xDrive- Cobb Stage 1 Tune, more coming soon
1969 Chevelle Malibu- Restored to stock, original 250hp 350
1969 Chevy C/20- Re-built 350, this is my project truck. More details to come soon
1977 Chevy K20 Silverado Camper Special
- Future Project

#5 Silverado_George

Silverado_George

Senior SS Member

• Supporting Member
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Name:George
  • Year:2004
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

I used to have those on my obs with regular hids.... no bueno.. not enough light output from those projectors... I just switched them over for some regular clear headlights with black housings and my hids were brighter than the projectors

I really like the halo headlight design though, what I was thinking was buying some stock new housings because the ones that I have on right now the lens is stained with brake fluid. I was thinking of perhaps buying an led kit and plugging it in into the stock housing, I live in California idk how legal that is :huh: 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chevy, c1500, pickup

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users