Auto Dual climate control missing cabin aspirator sensor

i bought the truck from a previous owner so i dont know, the climate control has always been like that since i bought the truck.changed my climate control module and nothing.could it be my thermostat? OR THE BLEND DOORS? BUT Which ONE?

I would start and see if your truck has option code for auto climate control. Im not sure the option code and I'm not sure if I still have a book to look it up. You will need to check your glove box label. If it doesn't even have it your chasing your tail. I would start there first. Second you need to either pay someone or get your hands on a good scan tool. Rather than keep throwing parts at it and hope you get it right. A good scan tool can check door position and manually move them. Then you can determine exactly which door if any have a problem.

I would start and see if your truck has option code for auto climate control. Im not sure the option code and I'm not sure if I still have a book to look it up. You will need to check your glove box label. If it doesn't even have it your chasing your tail. I would start there first. Second you need to either pay someone or get your hands on a good scan tool. Rather than keep throwing parts at it and hope you get it right. A good scan tool can check door position and manually move them. Then you can determine exactly which door if any have a problem.

thanks thats some good info but wouldn't the plugs be different so if i get a manual it would plug in no problem?

The auto and manual temp controls don't interchange. Usually actuators don't fail in pairs. You would generally have one side working fine, and the would be wonky. The one actuator is above the passengers feet, near the edge of the console, can be changed in a few minutes if you know what you're doing. The other is on top of the heater box kind of behind the passenger airbag. It's a bastard to even see it, and an all day project to change it. You'll want to be 100% sure that's your problem before you open that can of worms.

Also, CJ2 is the auto temp option code. I'm wondering if maybe not having a signal from the sensor is screwing things up. Maybe making it go into some weird default mode?

thats the thing im missing that sensor in the headliner its like if the truck never came with it theres no wiring for it.

• 2 months later...