Header question!

Yes the check engine light will come on. It will likely set a code for post cat performance. I have never done but you will likely need to have a custom tune done to turn off the post O2 sensors. They used to sell "simulators" that would generate a signal so it would fool the computer into thinking the cat was still in place. I think they have since been baned and are no longer available. Also if you live in an area that does state inspections / emission checks you won't pass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get a custom tune to turn your 02s to always passed. Im in az and got a set of TSP headers and for a year and a half now they are holding up great! (Been super wet last 7 months)

Besides sound, itll feel sluggish below 2500 to about 3500; depeinding on what size. Wont have to tune for headers but to get the make out of them its best to get it tuned. Dont worry about the expesinve headers, our trucks love open air flow so any will work. Tsp is good, so is speed engineering.

I just got the Y pipe and a custom exhaust behind it.

Something else to note is its easier and a quick bolt on, speed engineering makes a full exhausy system from header collector back, its a true dual 3 in with an x pipe. So no need to buy a muffler or even the y pipe. My buddys got one and sounds good, but if not do a borla XR-1 round case. Bot to loud at idle, but opened up it screams.