Somebody fill me in on this please.

TxSilverado361

Not sure what in the world I'm looking at, but someone with expertise on here ought to know.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5948849513.html

I know it's not a 2500, hence the 6 lug bolt pattern, and I'm quite certain the 2500 trucks did not have a stepside bed option.

Yeah someone threw some badges on a step side. GM did make what I call a heavy half for a while. They were made from 01-03 and had 8 lug wheels. It only came in a crew cab and had 1500hd badges. They came with a 6.0 and were a cross not quite 2500 but not quite a 15. Lol

That truck does have what's called special paint option. Dealers could order special colors not normally offered (actually they still can). This looks like one if you look at the SPID label in glove box it will have a option code for special paint. How it works is when dealer places an order for special paint GM has to have at least seven buildable orders then they get produced.

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

Yeah someone threw some badges on a step side. GM did make what I call a heavy half for a while. They were made from 01-03 and had 8 lug wheels. It only came in a crew cab and had 1500hd badges. They came with a 6.0 and were a cross not quite 2500 but not quite a 15. Lol

That truck does have what's called special paint option. Dealers could order special colors not normally offered (actually they still can). This looks like one if you look at the SPID label in glove box it will have a option code for special paint. How it works is when dealer places an order for special paint GM has to have at least seven buildable orders then they get produced.

I thought they did 1500HD up to 07 classic? I also don't like when people post their 4.3 as an SS, or Vortec Max truck as an SS, it probably has more rarity being a Vortec Max than an SS sadly.

17K for that thing is a good laugh, but what's also funny is that someone in the US is telling you the mileage in KM primarily. Possibly just a flat-out scam ad anyway. For a 17K truck they're not trying very hard with those 3 useless pics.

Richard

There was one on eBay a while back just like this one only red. 99 SC/sb stepside 2500 with the same 400ss decal. They said it was a grey market import from Mexico, and said it wasn't able to be registered in the us. Wonder if it was a GM of Mexico thing, or a south of the border dealer thing??

*Eta* I guess it was a thing...from the Silverado as way back machine http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/17914-400-ss-silverado/

Edited by eberhama (see edit history)