Shocks

wayne524

Depends what you do with your truck. If you use your truck as a truck like I do I'd suggest the HD bilsteins (spelling?) The bilsteins are friggin stiff. Others will maybe chim in with options for comfy or better handing. This site ain't what it was so don't get your hopes up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ha I replaced mine at 55k last year. I went with the GM factory replacement. Everyone is going to give you a different answer so get what you want....

There is a member on here who sells custom valved beltech shocks that a lot run....

I was still running my factory shocks when I sold my truck with 130k miles and it still rode like a dream. Id say go with OEM if youve been happy with the factory ride quality and want something that will last another 100k+ miles.

Monroe Reflex

I have never been a fan of any Monroe shock honestly. I tried them on my 03 Z71 back in the day and currently have a set on the rear of my 06 2500hd and both have been pretty terrible IMO. On an SSS if I was going to go aftermarket Id probably talk to Tony (guy that offers the lowering packages) or theres another guy that Ive seen people talk a lot about over on the duaramax forum but I cant remember his name or business. He does custom valving for the Bilstein 5100 series shocks for lifted, stock, and lowered trucks. He might have something that would work well also.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd have to agree with the people above, really depends on what you're using your truck for, if you're doing heavy duty stuff or off-roading I say go with the Bilsteins, they're the best you can get although they do offer a really stiff ride. Me personally I just put a set of KYB shocks on mine and it's a bit of an improvement over what I had, then again I just use my truck as a daily driver in the city..

George

• 5 weeks later...