Strange ISS

EXGM

Never seen an ISS with a bench seat. You can tell it was a cloth truck as it has after market leather...

I think you're right the tone of the leather on the headrests is a bit darker than the rest of the seats

Edited by matslp488 (see edit history)

Never seen an ISS with a bench seat. You can tell it was a cloth truck as it has after market leather...

I think you're right the tone of the leather on the headrests is a bit darker than the rest of the seats

That and the way the leather is "bunched" in the middle back part of seats is a dead giveaway. Really bad on back seat. I think once I saw a cloth bench ISS but I'm not sure the cloth trucks got the special headrest. Either way and off ball truck.

Actually they did offer a cloth seats as an option on the SS. I have seen a few come up for sale as well as the DEI SS with cloth. They were trying to sell the SS any way they could.

It's clearly an aftermarket leather kit that someone installed.

That's just plain damn nutty. But I figure if anybody would know, you would.

Richard

A buddy of mine had a red 06 SS with cloth interior. He went to the dealer and got a print out of the RPO build codes and confirmed it was built that way from the factory.

Strange to see one with auto temp and steering wheel controls, but cloth and a bench seat. Seems like the SS's I see are either all options or no options. Almost like this one was special ordered that way. Did the cloth int. ISS's have a cloth head rest with the DEI logo, or use the same vinyl ones the leather truck had?

Same vinyl head rest as the leather. Auto temp is odd but could have been ordered that way.

Steering wheels is a toss up. I have a cloth bench truck and it has them as factory. But I have seen fully loaded with out them as well.

Mine is also a manual temp.

06 gmc spring special truck.