Back in the game

RickRolled

Looks good, I see a little rust on the trailer hitch hopefully it isn't too rotten on the bottom side. Also some moron put an over the rail bed liner in. The positive is it looks fairly new so hopefully it hasn't destroyed the paint on the top of the bed sides. My guess is the bed was a little ugly and in typical used car dealer fashion threw a cheapo bed liner to cover it up.

I'm seriously debating it but I'm not sure it's a good choice financially. So I have a new 2016 tundra trd pro with only 5k miles cool truck just not my style. I only owe 25k on it and could probably sell it for 40k buy the ss for 15k and boom no truck payments! But the ss as my dd I would have to be careful with it having 80k miles. My last 03 silverado ss had 96k miles supercharged and I was just starting to have problems when I sold it. What should I do?!?! I have a ss problem that needs itched.

These trucks are pretty reliable in stock form. It's when you start mod'ing and adding power that you might run into problems. As long as the front diff isn't noisy you should be good to go for a little bit.

I'm seriously debating it but I'm not sure it's a good choice financially. So I have a new 2016 tundra trd pro with only 5k miles cool truck just not my style. I only owe 25k on it and could probably sell it for 40k buy the ss for 15k and boom no truck payments! But the ss as my dd I would have to be careful with it having 80k miles. My last 03 silverado ss had 96k miles supercharged and I was just starting to have problems when I sold it. What should I do?!?! I have a ss problem that needs itched.

I'd keep the tundra probably. I just got a 2017 tacoma trd pro and couldn't be happier! Good luck either way man.

Dunno man. I'd have a hard time feeling OK about payments on something I didn't really dig.

That SS you posted looks pretty good although it surely needs a much closer inspection. He wasn't stingy with pics at all but pics never tell the whole story.

As far as reliability like someone else was saying, if you're not modding it up, no reason it can't be DD reliable. Stuff breaks. New stuff breaks too but then you gotta worry about how good a job the tech being paid warranty rates is going to handle it.

Richard

All three vehicles I own are old. Every time one breaks, I start thinking about a buying a new truck ,then I think about the repair cost in terms of how many new truck payments the repair amounts to. In the end I just keep fixing my old stuff.

The other side of it is that the SSS is the newest and coolest vehicle I own and it doesn't hurt me much to have to park it for a while to work on it, (Either repairs or mod's).

It looks to me like; If you have another vehicle for emergencies, it's probably not going to be too tough, or expensive, keeping the SS going. If the main parts are sound on the truck, It should be able to keep it going a long time, (As long as your willing to put repair money in it.

I always keep in mind that, way back when I was mechanicing, the average used car, (Nation wide), needed $1,500.00 thrown at it as soon as you buy it.

Follow your passion Brother. You only go round once down here.

Ya I might just hold out until chevy makes something worth it again. Throw up a pic of your taco pro they are pretty sweet lil trucks

I like that thing man! I'd keep it lol. Here's mine. Cement gray, it's the new color they offered.

20160924_181535.jpg

20160921_072510.jpg

Ya I might just hold out until chevy makes something worth it again. Throw up a pic of your taco pro they are pretty sweet lil trucks

Don't hold your breath on Chev coming out with a new state of the art Hot Rod. They've been keeping a pretty low profile since the bailout. And the heat ain't blown over quite yet.

On the other hand; That new Denali is way more truck, as far as spec's go, than the 10 year (+ or -) SSS is. But; It ain't as COOL. (That huge Chrome bow is a tremendous turn off for me).

I have no doubt that the new Toy trucks are very impressive, and dependable, non soul satisfying trucks. (I own a 2001 Toy Corolla with close to 300,000 on the clock and it is completely dependable, and uninspiring, as well as being a bitch to fall into and climb up out of).