just bought a 2003 ss needs wor...

dj9c1

OP (dj9c1) bought the truck from Virginia and had it shipped to Florida. Fixed it up a little bit and apparently sold it along to a guy in Atlanta - SSsz28, who has discovered it's a little bit of a misrepresented, possibly stinking pile.

Don't feel bad; it took me a minute to process the situation, too. :)

Sucks but just kinda one of those things that happens when you buy used vehicles, especially if they're in "project" status. At least you didn't spend a fortune on one that was supposed to be nice and find all kinds of shoddy work in it. I sure as hell did that with a '56 Chevy 210 2-door wagon that was goddam junk, and the guy was too far away for me to go burn his house down so I took my losses on it and sold it in a far-better described (ACTUALLY HONEST) condition.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

OP (dj9c1) bought the truck from Virginia and had it shipped to Florida. Fixed it up a little bit and apparently sold it along to a guy in Atlanta - SSsz28, who has discovered it's a little bit of a misrepresented, possibly stinking pile.

Don't feel bad; it took me a minute to process the situation, too. :)

Sucks but just kinda one of those things that happens when you buy used vehicles, especially if they're in "project" status. At least you didn't spend a fortune on one that was supposed to be nice and find all kinds of shoddy work in it. I sure as hell did that with a '56 Chevy 210 2-door wagon that was goddam junk, and the guy was too far away for me to go burn his house down so I took my losses on it and sold it in a far-better described (ACTUALLY HONEST) condition.

Richard

ouch...

I'm sorry everyone lol I'm in boy I phone and the screen has been acting up and auto correct abosulutely destroys my typing. Ya so this guy acted like he was some great gm tech back in the day and was all about selling cars that he makes sure are mechanically sound. I was already in Florida and determined to take a truck home. I still got a good deal. Strong motor, rust isn't that bad I've even already started wire brushing and painting. Basically he said he had rebuilt the tranny with new torque converter, rebuilt the transfer case, I think he said front diff or maybe not to, but that all fluids were changed with amsoil.

Problems- anything he touched and said "fixed" is far from fixed. Just today after finishing installing all shocks, driver side mirror and replacing bolts where ever area he touched he lost atleast one bolt. He's a real true Chicago piece of shit. I will be in Tampa soon;) karmas a bitch. Now torque converter is making this shhhh shhhh shhh shhh sound almost, sounds like an exhaust leak. Going to replace both and install correctly with correct gasket as everything leaks that he "replaced seals".

Transfer case leaks life a sif. Rear output and front mount seals are leaking.

Front diff- I drained all fluids because I don't trust this POS sad excuse of a man, and it had a lot of metal and silver in color. Bearings are going out so I'm replacing that next week.

Door handle he replaced-snapped 3 clips on the panel- have to replace panel or fiberglasreplace with new clips. This guy really is a shitty azzz so called mechanic.

It's all good. Lq9 smooth like butter.

I've already replaced front shocks with ranchos, rears with Monroe coil overs, msd wired and ngk55 plugs, pcv valve, CAI, replaced all wheel well clips which he said didn't exist and he couldn't find( he's really just fat and lazy, now I know) replaced driver and passenger mirror complete assemblies, oil changed with mobil1 wix filter, flushed front diff, replaced missing exhaust bolt for exhaust hanger/heat shield on transmission, was litterally just hanging there. Flushed brake fluid, serpentine belt.

You see damnit. I'm on MY iPhone

Also tightened numerous bump stops that were just dangling around . Man it sure rides nice now! Lol

Truck was bought to use as my work truck in the ne ga mountains. To tow heavy loads and handle the trerrian. I need to find a tranny that will hold atleast 450rwhp. And able to tow. Im an m6 man myself and know nothing about autos. I wish the 80 swap wasn't so much work...

• 2 weeks later...

Built a beast and now has a new gm transfer case. Apparently he had know clue what he was doing according to actual qualified prideful mechanics that did a fantastic job in the 65e build. 2 year warranty unlimited miles. Shifts perfect. Nice and firm but not slamming like a drag car. Got it all done for an incredible price to! Now I shall begin building it more and more.