LED Fog Lights - Weekend Mod

Stitches040

Hey All ...

After hanging with JF-03-SS this summer, and checking out his fog lights, I finally got around to updating my 2015 GMC Sierra's fog lights ...

I installed a set of Samsung LED Bulbs - 6000K ... Plug and Play, without any issue ...

Just got a set in for the Wife's Yukon Denali (in the background) ... putting them in tomorrow.

Before:

20160911_145118_zpsdwwwfiqp.jpg

After:

20160922_182053_zps5qpyyjyl.jpg

20160922_182059_zpscwoxejcx.jpg

I also had my Supervisor on scene, to make sure the job was done right ... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

20160922_182500_zps8c2wvnuv.jpg

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Looks good. Wonder do they fit old gen trucks like the SSS? I added fogs to mine.... Do you have a part number?

Just regular 5202 bulbs. Nothing fancy.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/2x-H16-5202-5201-Genuine-SAMSUNG-2323-SMD-Bright-White-LED-Fog-Light-Bulbs-/231974430328

My 2013 ccsb has leds in the fogs and the low beams, I got the 5k color temp fron diode dynamics, had them just over a year now, no complaints. I can't remember the lumen output, but they claim to measure the actual light emitted, not just calculate that 3 leds at 50 lumens per led means 150 output. They have almost a faint purple tint them, but in a way it looks good not cheesy.

I have LED headlights and fogs, shine just as bright as HIDs and no need for ballasts. I love them

Looks great on the Denali Shuan!!!

My 2013 ccsb has leds in the fogs and the low beams, I got the 5k color temp fron diode dynamics, had them just over a year now, no complaints. I can't remember the lumen output, but they claim to measure the actual light emitted, not just calculate that 3 leds at 50 lumens per led means 150 output. They have almost a faint purple tint them, but in a way it looks good not cheesy.

Sadly ... Up here in the Northeast, we must go with old school bulbs or the HID's. I need the heat to melt the snow during the storms when I'm driving. LED's don't generate heat, and the cold lenses will just pack over with snow. Eventually, no light will shine through. I had this problem with my 2013 Chrysler 300. The whole back end was LED. During the winter, the whole back end would clog with snow, and you couldn't see the car's lights. LED's are great, but on some bulbs, I need the heat ... LOL

That's a good looking truck for a non SS Shuan. I'll bet that the supervisor is counting the years till it becomes his.

She's back in good graces, you should have seen her a few months ago ...

She got wiped out on my way home from work, back in June. It was 11:05pm and I had a deer run out, and run directly into the passenger side of the truck. The deer's head hit my R Headlight and busted that, along with denting the RF Fender. The RF door got a small ripple in it. The RR door and C-Post were completely demolished. The RR Bedside was also rippled hard. Sadly, the deer also shit down the side of my truck as a parting gesture. Just shy of $5000.00 in damages. Truck only had 8500 miles on it.

20160617_063734_zpsw0damtjn.jpg

20160617_063741_zpsh2jvfwpi.jpg

20160616_231909_zpsl8fcxkvd.jpg

Original Truck Post - http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/88502-finally-cashed-in-back-in-the-truck-club-new-daily-driver

Sadly ... Up here in the Northeast, we must go with old school bulbs or the HID's. I need the heat to melt the snow during the storms when I'm driving. LED's don't generate heat, and the cold lenses will just pack over with snow. Eventually, no light will shine through. I had this problem with my 2013 Chrysler 300. The whole back end was LED. During the winter, the whole back end would clog with snow, and you couldn't see the car's lights. LED's are great, but on some bulbs, I need the heat ... LOL

I've heard that some city's have had that problem when they replaced incandescent bulbs in traffic signals. A northern problem, obviously.

Its kind of funny all vehicle manufacturers converting to led headlight and fog light technology. I've always heard front facing lights are a white to yellow color so you can see through hazy conditions better fog, rain etc, but i'm not so sure of that theory...