weekend mod

cleansss20

After freaking 15min of trying to get the clip back on the brake pedal it shot across the underside of the dash and I couldn't find it. Luckily I picked up the clip from the Tahoe donor on my way home yesterday. Going to put it on tonight or tomorrow. There is a little hesitation in the pedal. You can push down and its like an inch or so play before it clamps. But it feels like it is going to clamp pretty hard. What do I do about the electronic plug that was on the vac. booster?

Did you use the hydroboost brake pedal or the original one? On the plug, run a jumper wire from the outside terminal to the other outside terminal and tape it up out of the way. Otherwise you'll get the "service brake booster" message.

I used the brake pedal from the Tahoe.

What is that white plastic electronic piece that clips on the brake pedal?

The white piece is the brake switch - activates the brake lights when pressure is applied to the pedal and won't let you shift out of park unless pressure is applied

After freaking 15min of trying to get the clip back on the brake pedal it shot across the underside of the dash and I couldn't find it. Luckily I picked up the clip from the Tahoe donor on my way home yesterday. Going to put it on tonight or tomorrow. There is a little hesitation in the pedal. You can push down and its like an inch or so play before it clamps. But it feels like it is going to clamp pretty hard. What do I do about the electronic plug that was on the vac. booster?

Pretty much everyone I have heard said they had that little bit of play too after doing the conversion.