Tow on Wheatley Tune?

twiztidss

I had Wheatley do a tune for my SS a couple years ago. Truck has every bolt on minus forced induction or internals. I tried PM'ing him but it looks like he hasn't been on this site in 18 months. Does anyone know if I can tow with it? I remember when I had a superchips programmer in my dodge towing anything over 2500 pounds you had to switch from 91 performance to 91 towing. Just got retired from the Fire Dept and am in the process of moving down to NC to live a little easier. Towing a 7x18 trailer rated for 7,000 pounds and don't want to mess up my truck in the process. Drive will be about 12 hours each way and need to do a minimum of 2 trips. Hopefully I can just hit the tow button. If anyone has any info that'd be great.

03 Silverado SS

Full exhaust no cats (long tube headers, cat delete, magnaflow dual exhaust)

CAI

ported throttle body

B and M transmission cooler

Wheatley tune

Etc

Ive towed 5000 with Mine ( wheatley tuned for 4 years ) Multiple times in Alaska. You shouldn't have any problems.

He's Not a site Sponsor Anymore, so the only way to get ahold of him is Via Email which can still be hit and miss.

Email - [email protected]

• 1 month later...