need input on pe tuning

Hrobb256

have a 03 awd ss and taking it to a dyno is out of the question I know each setup is different but wondering what air fuel ratio is a good target for best power on these trucks? I was thinking about trying to shoot for a 12.2-12.5 if anyone has some dyno experience would be appreciated. im running small cam headers no cats cai

12.5 to 12.8 is a good target on good gas. Watch for lean kr. If you start to see it. Richen it up a bit. Also make sure your commanded and actual AFR match. If they don't. You need more tuning than just looking for a value on a wideband.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

thanks truck has been tuned I have hptuners and was seeing some high 11's on the wideband and thought that was a little rich it runs good just wanted to see what you guys shoot for and see how it does in the mid 12s

thanks

• 1 month later...

12.5 to 12.8 is a good target on good gas. Watch for lean kr. If you start to see it. Richen it up a bit. Also make sure your commanded and actual AFR match. If they don't. You need more tuning than just looking for a value on a wideband.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Good advice here.

To the OP - Honestly, I saw very little performance gains going from 12.0 to 13.0 tailpipe AFR for a NA truck. I would target the range from CHP above.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...