anyone interested in ss cladding/body panls

liftedssguy

possibly taking all my ss body panels off my red 04 ss,everything red in color and in good condition could be braught back to showroom quality with a little tlc,anyone want to throw out a offer on all the paneling minus bumpers? and side note: anyone know the actual difficulty of taking all this paneling/cladding off ? i took a quick peak doesnt look like anything crazy just curious if someone has already done this could share ther experience possibly thanks...

Yes, its fairly easy, can I ask why you would want to remove it? As Sam said there are metal brackets bolted at the bottom of each door and when you remove them the paint under the brackets are mess up and you will have about 7 hole in the bottom to fill.

i mainly want to remove the small panels attactched to the front wheel well so i can do a norcal mod for larger tires without rubbing but obviously i wont remove just those panles alone it would look goofy so i would take them all off,ther are holes in the bottom of the door? could you possibly post a picture for an example that would be awesome

Edited by liftedssguy (see edit history)

The front fender pieces are the only cladding with no holes behind them. Holes in the doors, cab corners, bed sides and a bunch in the rockers. Is there a way you could just mod the fender cladding to do what you want to do?

The front fender pieces are the only cladding with no holes behind them. Holes in the doors, cab corners, bed sides and a bunch in the rockers. Is there a way you could just mod the fender cladding to do what you want to do?

i suppose i could just remove the front fender piece just not sure if it would be to obvious it is missing,however i think ther is a way to cut the cladding on the fender side to do it,ive also got to relocate the winshield wiper fluid tank but thats no big deal

i suppose i could just remove the front fender piece just not sure if it would be to obvious it is missing,however i think ther is a way to cut the cladding on the fender side to do it,ive also got to relocate the winshield wiper fluid tank but thats no big deal

I was thinking section some out of the middle and glue the front and back pieces together so it'll give you clearance, but still ties in the ground effects.

Wow nice reply!

i just have a unique vision for my build..one that usually draws much debate and i get that..but it certainly wont be just your average truck with a lift...as for why i chose a ss instead of a z71 -i certainly dont mined the 6.0 and the power it offers over the 5.3,the stronger transmission will be needed as a start,and most importantly im in love with the idea of a awd truck built up for all kinds of offroad fun