Financing?

907 SSS

Basically I want to buy a Silverado ss clone instead of building one as I don't want to spend $25k making it perfect. Now since none are sold to dealerships and they are more than 10 years old with over 100k miles how would I go about getting one financed? Also I'm 19 and my credit is not really established. Theoretically I make enough to get something at least $15k financed. Another problem is I live in Alaska and would have to buy out of state which I think would make the loan more difficult. If you guys could tell me some options that would be great, thanks!

Maybe talk to a credit union, start working out how much they will loan you and on what. This '03 is coming up at some point on the anchorage salvage sale, but you'd need cash in hand to get it.

post-23990-0-51120200-1472497858_thumb.jpg

I know it's not the answer anybody wants to hear, but drive something cheap in the meantime and save your money. As an incentive, look at what rates you might be able to get from anybody willing to finance you, and calculate what it's gonna cost you to borrow that money over the term of the loan - add it to the principal and see how much that truck is going to cost you. It may just change your mind.

I hate financing vehicles. Unless you're buying brand new or very new, I don't see much point in it. The only vehicle I've financed in over 10 years has been my 300C SRT8; my credit's not great simply because I don't use it - hate owing money - haven't used credit substantially since 1999-2000 when I bought a house (that I've since sold.) So, I got some crummy rate and they wanted me to stretch it out over 66 months. NFW. I had just enough I could have bought the car outright but didn't want to tie up all my cash in case of any emergency. I put a big chunk down (about 40%) and paid the rest in exactly 1 year. In the end I paid just under $500 on the interest, which I'm OK with considering the circumstances.

I totally get it that people want to build their credit up; there's many ways to do it. Just don't buy into the idea that it's OK to have debt. Debt sucks. If you're committed, saving money isn't that hard. If you can afford to make the payment, you can afford to stash the money away instead.

Richard

Basically I want to buy a Silverado ss clone instead of building one as I don't want to spend $25k making it perfect. Now since none are sold to dealerships and they are more than 10 years old with over 100k miles how would I go about getting one financed? Also I'm 19 and my credit is not really established. Theoretically I make enough to get something at least $15k financed. Another problem is I live in Alaska and would have to buy out of state which I think would make the loan more difficult. If you guys could tell me some options that would be great, thanks!

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/2GCEC19N161281529/2006-chevrolet-silverado-ss/

Just buy the real SS, to clone an SS may cost you the same.

Ask all of use that have Clone the single cabs. Money, Money Money

Edited by SSmoothSilSS (see edit history)

The reason why I don't want a regular ss is because they are really played out up here in anchorage and I want to be the only one with a rcsb clone. Just waiting on a phone call back from the credit union now!

The reason why I don't want a regular ss is because they are really played out up here in anchorage and I want to be the only one with a rcsb clone. Just waiting on a phone call back from the credit union now!

Oh, I thought you were doing a extend cab SS clone, single cabs Silverado's come in a wide range of prices depending on the mileage and shape there in, I think an 2003 single cab worth is about 9K. But you can get them for less, if you can locally find at auction or were ever a wreck SS with all the parts is the cheapest way to go, if you have to piece meal parts from everywhere, shipping and SS parts can be a high cost, also depending if going full clone or partial clone.

Well ****, I got denied by the damn bank. Oh well, I just got approved for a 2003 Silverado rcsb. It has 141k miles and a 4.3 v6 but I don't care because I plan on swapping the engine and trannsmission. Will post pics tomorrow night when I pick it up! It's gonna be a sick build for sure, only problem is it's gonna cost me a lot because I can't do any of the work myself.

Well ****, I got denied by the damn bank. Oh well, I just got approved for a 2003 Silverado rcsb. It has 141k miles and a 4.3 v6 but I don't care because I plan on swapping the engine and trannsmission. Will post pics tomorrow night when I pick it up! It's gonna be a sick build for sure, only problem is it's gonna cost me a lot because I can't do any of the work myself.

Well this way you can do as cash is available,