Not really a build but finishing up a project

someotherguy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much of an update pic-wise, but -
Dropped off at the paint shop to get the hood & bumper painted to match, as well as minor repair to driver's fender. This is at the same guy's shop that painted my Intimidator SS.
06SB_039s.jpg
Door panel is off because I'm having him do some work on the exterior handle, too.
Gotta say for a 130 mile highway trip the truck did great. Ran and drove as well as you would expect a 50K mile truck to do.
Richard

Have him paint your XM antenna while he is at it... lol. I bought a new antenna to paint to match on mine. I'm waiting for it to cool down as my paint booth (outside) is still too hot. I about crapped my pants when the paint supply place told me what a quart of good PPG paint was going to cost. I know red is expensive but DANG! I'm hoping with all the little stuff I am painting I can get by with a pint!

I about crapped my pants when the paint supply place told me what a quart of good PPG paint was going to cost. I know red is expensive but DANG! I'm hoping with all the little stuff I am painting I can get by with a pint!

There is a guy on ebay selling gallons of DBC. A gallon of Victory red is about the same price as a quart at the local jobber. ($270) The only bad thing is he can only do the primary color, no variants.

Edited by eberhama (see edit history)

There is a guy on ebay selling gallons of DBC. A gallon of Victory red is about the same price as a quart at the local jobber. ($270) The only bad thing is he can only do the primary color, no variants.

I saw that. I want it tinted to match my truck. O well.

Yeah, paying for red will kill ya, even for the cheap stuff!

I thought there was some reason to not paint the XM antenna? It actually doesn't bug me that it's black.

Richard

I thought that as well but from research I've done it should work. As long as it is not a metallic color should be ok. Will find out soon like I said I bought a new one to paint to match. Hopefully in the next month I can get a free weekend to paint the parts and do my rear bumper repair. Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

Shipping dings/minor flaws in the hood fixed

06SB_040s.jpg

Minor damage at front of fender and the bunch of weird little pock marks (looks like something was banging against it) fixed

06SB_042s.jpg

Hood (and everything else) primed

06SB_044s.jpg

I love how this guy gets down to business.

Richard

Yep he's already finished shooting the paint and clear, doing a little buffing before reassembly - says I should be able to pick it up Tuesday. That's a total of 1 week at the shop!

Nothing major just some primer shots before paint

06SB_045s.jpg

06SB_046s.jpg

Richard

Thanks y'all...and thanks to the both of you for getting her to us safely, with that crazy road trip!

EXGM - yeah; I've known more than a few painters in my time and some seemed like they should have worn the respirator a little more often! All good guys but man, you really gotta watch that stuff. It's nothing nice.

Getting pretty excited; hoping we stay on schedule for picking it up tomorrow so it'll be on time to officially hand it over to her on her birthday this weekend!

Richard

Well you know what they say; if momma ain't happy, nobody happy!

She was not happy when I sold the '94 C2500LD; she had been daily driving it about 6 months at the time. It's in Pennsylvania now with a buddy of mine.

rh94_90s.jpg

Richard