Not really a build but finishing up a project

someotherguy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell ya it's weird; looking at the hood it looks a slight shade darker depending mostly on the angle. But then again he blended in the whole front part of the fender and you really can't even tell. It's like how even the factory paint, going down the sides, the panels look a little different here and there mostly due to angle. Definitely not the same as looking at an all black truck! But damn it does look good. I'm pretty happy with the job he did. The door handle work came out good too; I had him fill the lock hole, I've removed the lock rod, so at least that's one less path they have to break in by simply punching the lock to get to the rod. Kinda like the Escalade handles on my ISS but still using the original SS handle.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

I tell ya it's weird; looking at the hood it looks a slight shade darker depending mostly on the angle.

I painted my truck out of the same gallon, same # of coats, same sealer, and various panels give the same effect, I think its just the nature of the silver birch beast.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everybody...

Both trucks getting a little chop at the muffler shop. The ISS had the stock muffler, silver had a loud Magnaflow. Since we keep fairly opposite schedules, my wife runs a lot of errands while I'm sleeping so we swapped the mufflers between trucks.

06SB_050s.jpg

06SS_065s.jpg

Man, these trucks are dirty. :( Every time I think I'm gonna get a chance to clean 'em up real good, we get some crummy weather. Was raining pretty good on the way home this morning and supposed to rain more later today. Then I gotta bust my ass the rest of the week...

Richard

Black truck has the crooked now. ;) Kind of a product of the tailpipe being stuck onto that single outlet Magnaflow without benefit of that little stubby rear Y-pipe the factory setup had. I think it's sitting a little straighter on the black truck but still doesn't look 100% stock location.

Richard

Hell yeah! She's loving it. Haven't got her totally out of the Magnum yet but she's driving the truck full-time now so it's just a matter of getting her to clean her stuff out of the other car.

I have assured her If she ever decides she's tired of the truck that I won't be mad, I'll just start driving it instead. :)

Richard