Sway Bar...

I know I know search the forum. I did and couldn't find what I am looking for. I am looking for a rear sway bar that will work with the TA girdle, lowered and corsa exhaust. ADDCO? I know the DJM won't work with the girdle and the exhaust I would have to reroute a little.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if they still make em but Hotchkiss clears TA rear girdle.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/hss-2230

You may have to call.

It says on summits website no longer available. I checked hotchkiss website and it's not listed. My guess is they stopped making for some reason..... Probably because trucks are getting so old.

Does it clear the Corsa exhaust as well?

Yes. That is my set up. I have an 06 with a 14 bolt rear TA Performace Girdle and Corsa CAT back. It clears.

It says on summits website no longer available. I checked hotchkiss website and it's not listed. My guess is they stopped making for some reason..... Probably because trucks are getting so old.

Sadly you speak the truth.. Edited by A_FuriouSS (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Just tried the addco and it didnt fit! Whats the part number on that hotchkis kit. I'm going to have to look around....

Would sure appreciate a picture or two of the setup......

Edited by Distracted (see edit history)

Just tried the addco and it didnt fit! Whats the part number on that hotchkis kit. I'm going to have to look around....

Would sure appreciate a picture or two of the setup......

It's been loooong discontinued. I've looked on and off for one but I think you'll have more luck finding gold at the bottom of a rainbow. What we should do is see if we could get a group buy and see if they would make a small run for us.

It's been loooong discontinued. I've looked on and off for one but I think you'll have more luck finding gold at the bottom of a rainbow. What we should do is see if we could get a group buy and see if they would make a small run for us.

I already tried that. Hardly anyone on this board expressed any interest.

I still went forward and requested info.

Production runs are in groups of 25 per bar. I would have needed to pay for 25 front kits and 25 rear kits up front before they started production. They have no interest in doing these or offering the kits again. The last retail Price was like $615 for a kit and the discount wasn't much off from that. I would have been the sole owner of the product and would have had to store and ship it on my own. I would have needed to sale at least 20 of the 25 kits at the last known retail price to recoup the cost of what I would have to spend up front.

Of the pole I did on PT.net I think only 10 people expressed intrest in the kit for these trucks.

I have obtained a used front bar and a new rear bar and I have attempted to get them reproduced. Unfortunately I keep getting the run around on the project...

I already tried that. Hardly anyone on this board expressed any interest.

I still went forward and requested info.

Production runs are in groups of 25 per bar. I would have needed to pay for 25 front kits and 25 rear kits up front before they started production. They have no interest in doing these or offering the kits again. The last retail Price was like $615 for a kit and the discount wasn't much off from that. I would have been the sole owner of the product and would have had to store and ship it on my own. I would have needed to sale at least 20 of the 25 kits at the last known retail price to recoup the cost of what I would have to spend up front.

Of the pole I did on PT.net I think only 10 people expressed intrest in the kit for these trucks.

I have obtained a used front bar and a new rear bar and I have attempted to get them reproduced. Unfortunately I keep getting the run around on the project...

Well.... that's cool you looked into it. I would agree that getting the project moving forward doesn't sound good. It's too bad they need such a high number to order but I understand from a manufacturering standpoint point you need to run batches. I think 600+ per end scares some folks off. Heck I don't know if I would spend that much. Thanks for the info!

Thats a damn shame.... well if your willing to sell the set, let me know

Well.... that's cool you looked into it. I would agree that getting the project moving forward doesn't sound good. It's too bad they need such a high number to order but I understand from a manufacturering standpoint point you need to run batches. I think 600+ per end scares some folks off. Heck I don't know if I would spend that much. Thanks for the info!

$615 was the price for a complete set of front and rear.

I am not.

I sent it out to be copied locally but I am getting the run around. I may have to pop in and just pick up my stuff.

Read closer... Ships from manufacture...

I called every company that still listed it for sale and had them check there inventory. No one had it in stock any where but said they would check with the manufacture. It's been discontinued since like 2010 or 2011.

I have personally been to Hotchkis and spoke with them in person as well as had several phone conversations. They have no interest in bringing it back.