Sign in to follow this  
Buzzard

2003 SS - water pump & power steering pump part numbers?

Hey guys,i have tried searching but I am having some trouble finding the exact water pump for my 03' SS. looks like they have a couple different versions that have different thermostat housing setups?

I need to know what the part number for the pump & thermo is for the 03' and if i will need any additional seals/gaskets that are not included with the pump.

My PS pump just started growling too so figured i would change that at the same time and would also like to know the part number for that w/ reservoir if anyone has it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

also, does the oem acdelco water pump have a plastic or metal impellar? is there a brand that someone would suggest if not that one? i never skimp out on water pumps so just want to make sure i get the best one i can get

GM for some reason changed the water pump housing several years ago. If you go with a new GM pump you have to buy the updated t-stat housing.

Edited by EXGM

You probably found it but the water pump # is ACDELCO-251-743, thermostat # is ACDELCO-1511057.

I also did the whole hose and belt thing along with the pump.

Reviving an old thread, what is the New 160 thermostat PN to fit this pump as I just replaced my WP with the 251-743 and can't find the cross ref 160 stat