Complete SS clone, Watch this space...

NZchevyman

Yo I need you to contact me asap! That black SS is my Silverado SS!! It was stolen 6 months ago! It is identical! And I need to know where it's at! Please I need to know.

If you're willing to sell I'll buy that truck for any price. Anyone that followed me on this site knows I did everything right to that truck. That thing was my pride and joy, that paint job wasn't even a month old.

I think that truck left the country.....

Yo I need you to contact me asap! That black SS is my Silverado SS!! It was stolen 6 months ago! It is identical! And I need to know where it's at! Please I need to know.

If you're willing to sell I'll buy that truck for any price. Anyone that followed me on this site knows I did everything right to that truck. That thing was my pride and joy, that paint job wasn't even a month old.

Hey Man As you know from talking on the phone earlier on today, the truck is in a container on its way to New Zealand so the timing is pretty bad really, it does look like an awesome truck, im just going to have to wait and see how bad the damage is when it arrives here, then ill see what im going to do with it. seems a shame to pull apart the truck but is as nice as it is, but since our dumb laws here in NZ it cant be road legal the way it is, it would have to be converted to right hand drive, and im not going down that road again, we will stay in contact and i will let you know if there is anything in the truck of yours once it arrives here.

Wow...that's crazy. So did it get recovered out of town somewhere and you just took the insurance buyout on it? I'm totally confused.

Richard

Wow...that's crazy. So did it get recovered out of town somewhere and you just took the insurance buyout on it? I'm totally confused.

Richard

i think the truck was recovered but the cops must of never let him know that it had been found, its just to bad that they didn't notice it earlier, as its pretty had to bring the truck back now when its not even on the same land, i would hate to have any of my rides stollen they are our pride and joys

i knew I recognized that truck from somewhere.. but I didn't know how to contact you at the time, I tried looking for you on instagram. wow that sucks that they didn't even tell you that they found it

i knew I recognized that truck from somewhere.. but I didn't know how to contact you at the time, I tried looking for you on instagram. wow that sucks that they didn't even tell you that they found it

Insurance Has no obligation to tell you once they recover. If you have been paid for your loss they try and recoup some of their loss by selling what if anything is left....

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

Insurance Has no obligation to tell you once they recover. If you have been paid for your loss they try and recoup some of their loss by selling what if anything is left....

didn't know that. if my ss was stolen and they found it id definitely want to buy it back.

Yeah I spoke to him already, pretty straight up guy.

I was upset at first, but after speaking to mark im pleased knowing shes in good hands.

Im shocked to see her in such good condition, after a few weeks passed, I kinda gave up on the idea and figured she was in pieces. But its nice to see her just how I left her, except the rear end.

As far as the insurance goes, I had full coverage and was paid for the truck, but obviously nothing close to what I invested in her. To my understanding, the insurance is suppose to notify you when the vehicle is found, and the usually give the previous owner first dibs on buying her back, and this goes for total losses in case of accident, or stolen.

If I would've known, I would've definitely bought her back, knowing you bought her around the same time I bought my new pickup truck would've been interesting.

Mark, I know shes in good hands, and not in some thieves hands, if you have any questions Sir, give me a holler, I look forward to your build boss.

-Erick

20439085715_3f4fd49e2c_k.jpg20444566215_c74e869894_k.jpg20393201000_1ce15d6b54.jpg

Old photoshoot of her.

Thanks for the photos i didn't even realise the truck was that low, the photos from the insurance auction were taken from a different angle, looks like such an awesome truck and i cant wait to get it, im so sorry it as stolen from you i hope you buy yourself another one, having something stolen from you must suck im always worried about it even here in New Zealand, thats why i've installed cameras around my house since i have a few nice vehicles here. great to see you have taken good care of the truck pity the person that stole it didn't, never mind ill decide when it gets here what im going to do with the truck.

Thanks for the photos i didn't even realise the truck was that low, the photos from the insurance auction were taken from a different angle, looks like such an awesome truck and i cant wait to get it, im so sorry it as stolen from you i hope you buy yourself another one, having something stolen from you must suck im always worried about it even here in New Zealand, thats why i've installed cameras around my house since i have a few nice vehicles here. great to see you have taken good care of the truck pity the person that stole it didn't, never mind ill decide when it gets here what im going to do with the truck.

Yeah shes pretty damn low. Was originally a 4/5 drop, then did a 5/5, and last I had it I raised it up about an inch and a half.

This photoshoot was before her paintjob as well, you know how black can be, so I wanted like a fresh start and went and did all the exterior mods I wanted, including paint, wing, grills, lights. Only thing missing was the hood, but I couldn't find anyone willing to make me the hood I wanted.

Like I said, the week she was stolen, she was getting the blower installed, alongside headers, exhaust, stall, and cam. I tend to pile up parts and do it all at once. After they stole it I had a lot of stuff I had to get rid of.

Im just glad she wasn't turned into a clone, Im a big despiser of clones made from original SS parts lol.

I know OP was planning on using the truck to make his RCSB clone but hopefully when he gets it he'll see how much work you put in, the overall condition of the truck, and use his RCSB's bed to fix the SS so it can live again. Doesn't help you out kaze but I think we'd all be happy to see it continue on instead of being a parts truck.

Richard

I know OP was planning on using the truck to make his RCSB clone but hopefully when he gets it he'll see how much work you put in, the overall condition of the truck, and use his RCSB's bed to fix the SS so it can live again. Doesn't help you out kaze but I think we'd all be happy to see it continue on instead of being a parts truck.

Richard

Yeah shes pretty damn low. Was originally a 4/5 drop, then did a 5/5, and last I had it I raised it up about an inch and a half.

This photoshoot was before her paintjob as well, you know how black can be, so I wanted like a fresh start and went and did all the exterior mods I wanted, including paint, wing, grills, lights. Only thing missing was the hood, but I couldn't find anyone willing to make me the hood I wanted.

Like I said, the week she was stolen, she was getting the blower installed, alongside headers, exhaust, stall, and cam. I tend to pile up parts and do it all at once. After they stole it I had a lot of stuff I had to get rid of.

Im just glad she wasn't turned into a clone, Im a big despiser of clones made from original SS parts lol.

im going to have to work out what i can do once these trucks arrive here, it would be a shame to strip out the ss its just a real hard thing to decide, if it wasn't for our dumb laws with registering the truck left hand drive i would keep the truck as is, and i don't really want to convert it to RHD as thats another 20k plus my time. i might be able to install the cab and bed onto an older chassis then it would come under a build and as long as i put it on a 20 year or older chassis i can get it left hand drive, crazy laws but thats the way it is here, that is my only reason for doing this custom project, i might look out for a 1996 chassis that i could use the chassis and bits to make it onto that, its risky doing that as well since really it wont be a 1996 on top but under neath it would still be. anyway i've got a lot of thinking to do