8.1l marine injectors on TBSS, different heights? Or re-size TBSS inje

I picked up a complete TBSS intake for 75 bucks (minus throttle body which I already have an 87mm). Ordered the X-link today, will be ordering 8.1L marine 42'lbers on Monday. My question is, Im going to keep the TBSS fuel rails and use the vette filter to fix the return/returnless issues as Im told the vette filter will hook right up and not have to modify fuel lines and all of that nonsense. The overall length I measured on the injectors that came out of the intake were 65mm respectively. Five O motorsports lists the 8.1L marines as 58mm overall length. I will probably be ordering the injectors from Fuel Injector Connection, will I be needing height adapters to make these injectors work? If they end up being a little taller than the factory ones it would be no problem as I could space up the rails I guess with some spacers or shims. Anyone run into this issue? John at FIC told me that they would work and were the same height, but his website does not list the 8.1 marine's overall length. I also considered sending those injectors that came with the intake off and having them re-sized, then I know everything would fit like a glove. Open to opinions on this guys, it would be cheaper to have the factory injectors resized and overhauled. They sat for a while on a shelf at a salvage yard and smell like old gas and have to be gummed up. Also if someone could confirm that the vette filter would fix my fuel line issue that would be great.