So. 22" ... Archers or Smoothies?

For a while it seemed like everyone was running Centerline Archers, so that kind of turned me off from them. I like Smoothies, I know a lot of people don't, my personal taste I dig 'em...they're like modern day Moon discs to me.

Looking to get Centerlines for the SS and I think a set of 22" Smoothies would look sharp. Tons of contrast for the freshly painted black truck. But a set of Archers would be nearly 10lbs lighter per wheel...!

Thoughts?

Richard

Yep I've got them already, and wishing I'd chosen otherwise! They're on the truck at the moment but coming off for something else.

The problem is I didn't even consider the Archers because they're only shown up to 20" on Centerline's website; while talking with them about the Smoothies he mentioned the Archer could be had in 22" as well (which only makes sense.) Leaving me with the dilemma of which to choose, because I like 'em both.

Richard

I ran them in 20" on my '94, loved 'em, but it's definitely an acquired taste. :D

rh94_58s.jpg

Richard

I'll admit, they look OK on the '94. I like out of the two styles the archers, but they remind me of old school saw blade wheels. I've always been a fan of the Eagle 026 (I think that is the model), but they have been discontinued for some time now.

I'm not personally a huge fan of any non-5-spoke wheel on these trucks, but that's the good thing about living in the free world. We can all be different. Between the Archers and the Smoothies though, I'd take the Archers.

Pretty sure Intros would end up with me coming out to find them gone, or the whole truck gone, the very next day. $$$$$$

They also seem to be a lot of 22x8.5 and 22x10, with the 22x10 rears sticking out unless you narrow the diff a little.

Richard

Nah. Not doing any cast wheels. That's what I'm trying to get away from...and I'm no fan of chrome, either. Polished aluminum is generally my preference. Thought I'd try the black-ish Dub Ballers since they weren't all black but kind of a smoke tint on the spokes, they're nice wheels, but I'm not really satisfied with the overall result.

Richard