Cat Issues

Hey guys, I am new to this page and i may in the wrong thread. But i was wondering if anyone has had any issues with their cats, i have had to replace my twice now and going on a third time. My truck has under 120,000 on it and its an 06 Silverado SS.

This second set of cats lasted roughly 30k miles. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a brand to use or if anyone has hollowed them out and used a 02 simulator to get around the check engine light.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you

Welcome to the site Michael. There are a lot of guys around here running without cat's and sensors deleted in the tune.

Can't figure why you would be going through cats so fast unless your starting out with junk. Are you throwing any codes that might indicate a problem that's clogging the cat's? (To clog them that fast I would think you'd have some rough running or something else that would be hard to ignore).

Well i did find out the sensor in my pedal was faulting. It wasnt bad where it would throw a check engine code, but once i used my scanner it finally should up thru a system testing. I also then found a small intake leak. i did just purchase a Black Bear tune, should be in tomorrow but i was not sure if they can do a o2 delete with the tune.