flowmaster super 10's do or dont?

liftedssguy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jason or to anybody else on here i currently have a flowmaster 40 series muffler with single in dual out installed on my 97' Chevy and yeah it drones too much but i knew nothing of mufflers at the time and i wanted something that was louder than the stock muffler it came with, i haven't touched my '03 SS for the same reason, is magnaflow a better muffler? Like no drone? and louder? I want to be careful what i install on my SS i want it to sound nice.. :thumbsup:

I run a Magnaflow and it does have some drone but I also have long tube headers no cats and its dumped. It has a good low rumble bit is still quiet on a stock SS. There are some really good mufflers out there. Bassani, Borla, Corsa, these are also good quality and good flowing mufflers.

Those numbers are probably right for an all wheel drive with Bolt ons? But were talking about just a muffler swap here! Anyways you can't tell me a 6000# truck won't benefit from a little back pressure off the line!!

Back pressure is a myth.. My buddy has a stock 06 with the same dual in out Magnaflow as I have it has no problem what so ever getting off the line. His truck sounds great and runs great. I have a brand new 2015 Denali with a 6.2 and a 8 speed. Took off the stock muffler the big ass Cat and the resonator, truck runs like a bat outta hell. Sounds amazing and has no prob knocking the tires off from a stop or a roll.

I run a Magnaflow and it does have some drone but I also have long tube headers no cats and its dumped. It has a good low rumble bit is still quiet on a stock SS. There are some really good mufflers out there. Bassani, Borla, Corsa, these are also good quality and good flowing mufflers.

Thanks man know anywhere of where i can hear some soundbits? Want to know how they sound before i invest in one,,, also dual in/out or single in/dual out?

what size tubing?

and arnt the loudmouths just like a glass pack of sorts?

I just cut out the stock muffler and put 2 loudmouths in its place with all the factory piping,even the ss tailpipe , but im running dynatech longtubes with highflow cats, the slp's are hollow tubes ,but in my opinion they don't sound like old farm truck glasspaks, my truck has a nice tone at idle and F*****KIN screams past 3k!.... :devil:

any drone at all with those loudmouth's? and which loudmouths exactly 2 series or 3 series?

I just cut out the stock muffler and put 2 loudmouths in its place with all the factory piping,even the ss tailpipe , but im running dynatech longtubes with highflow cats, the slp's are hollow tubes ,but in my opinion they don't sound like old farm truck glasspaks, my truck has a nice tone at idle and F*****KIN screams past 3k!.... :devil:

any drone at all with those loudmouth's? and which loudmouths exactly 2 series or 3 series?

Yeah they drone ,but it dosnt bother me,some people hate drone ,some people like it?,and they are loudmouth 2's

• 5 years later...