flowmaster super 10's do or dont?

liftedssguy

This is full of fail.. These trucks don't need a bunch of back pressure to get going. 0-60 in 5.3 seconds and 1.80 60ft times lol I need no help. Flowshitters are at the bottom of the flow charts. If your looking for performance get a muffler with no baffles. Each to there own and everyone has an opinion. Just depends on what your looking for.

Those numbers are probably right for an all wheel drive with Bolt ons? But were talking about just a muffler swap here! Anyways you can't tell me a 6000# truck won't benefit from a little back pressure off the line!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I bought and owned my ss many years ago it had a flowcrapper on it and for the most part it sounded good. But on long trips on the highway the drone was so bad it was annoying.

I used to the the annual SS meet at the Lebanon race way and got some good times. With a tune and the flowcrapper.

After the flowcrapper rotted off I bought a dual in/out dynomax x flow. The truck was so much more responsive and quicker. Better times and quicker response.

All I'm saying is flowcrapper safe good on older vehicles. But again if you have one and like it cool, just saying there not made to last anymore and they drone!!!

Edited by NoMoreSS (see edit history)

When I bought and owned my ss many years ago it had a flowcrapper on it and for the most part it sounded good. But on long trips on the highway the drone was so bad it was annoying.

I used to the the annual SS meet at the Lebanon race way and got some good times. With a tune and the flowcrapper.

After the flowcrapper rotted off I bought a dual in/out dynomax x flow. The truck was so much more responsive and quicker. Better times and quicker response.

All I'm saying is flowcrapper safe good on older vehicles. But again if you have one and like it cool, just saying there not made to last anymore and they drone!!!

I had the exact opposite happen to me! I got better ET's with the flowmaster then with a magnaflow! I've heard of them rotting out on people but I've had mine for close to 8 years and other then the black paint burning off its held up good! Living in Cali probably has something to do with that tho! Lol!

so the question now is single or dual 250's?

If you want the most sound as possible? Go dual!! Edited by SS RIDIN (see edit history)

iactually dont want it extremely loud to the point i cant have a conversation in the cab...so i was thinking more mufflers equals a little less noise? versus a dual pipe to single inlet single muffler single outlet configuration if that makes sence

From what I heard after talking to a guy from black widow there's no drone.

Also with my dynomax same thing no drone. The kids love that.

whats your exhaust setup exactly?if you dont mind me asking

On my Ss when I had it it was dual in dual out muffler.

My new truck is single in dual out. If I had the $$$$ it would be setup the same as my Ss was. When my new muffler decides to rot off a black widow setup will be going on!

The reason I say dual mufflers cause it will help with the flow. Again your truck

off topic here but is ther any way to find other ss guys near me using this site?new to the site and its features so if im missing something the help is apreciated thanks

Post up where your from.