flowmaster super 10's do or dont?

liftedssguy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the super 40 duel in/out on mine and it sounds good! The 10s are to raspy sounding IMO! Alot of people on this site hate flowmaster but there not bad! The first muffler I put on my truck was a magnaflow and I couldn't really here it and it made my truck slower from a stop! IMO these trucks need some back pressure to get moving and my super 40 gives me that! Anyways good luck on your muffler search! You'll probably end up switching out a few before you find the one you like! Like me! Lol!

Edited by SS RIDIN (see edit history)

Flowbastards are trash. I wouldn't run anything baffled. Get a MagnaFlow muffler if you want something that sounds good, flows better than stock, and doesn't have drone. I prefer a true cat back like corsa, but for a muffler replacement only, I would look at something straight through like the two I mentioned.

I have the super 40 duel in/out on mine and it sounds good! The 10s are to raspy sounding IMO! Alot of people on this site hate flowmaster but there not bad! The first muffler I put on my truck was a magnaflow and I couldn't really here it and it made my truck slower from a stop! IMO these trucks need some back pressure to get moving and my super 40 gives me that! Anyways good luck on your muffler search! You'll probably end up switching out a few before you find the one you like! Like me! Lol!

This is full of fail.. These trucks don't need a bunch of back pressure to get going. 0-60 in 5.3 seconds and 1.80 60ft times lol I need no help. Flowshitters are at the bottom of the flow charts. If your looking for performance get a muffler with no baffles. Each to there own and everyone has an opinion. Just depends on what your looking for.

This is full of fail.. These trucks don't need a bunch of back pressure to get going. 0-60 in 5.3 seconds and 1.80 60ft times lol I need no help. Flowshitters are at the bottom of the flow charts. If your looking for performance get a muffler with no baffles. Each to there own and everyone has an opinion. Just depends on what your looking for.

Hey Jason or to anybody else on here i currently have a flowmaster 40 series muffler with single in dual out installed on my 97' Chevy and yeah it drones too much but i knew nothing of mufflers at the time and i wanted something that was louder than the stock muffler it came with, i haven't touched my '03 SS for the same reason, is magnaflow a better muffler? Like no drone? and louder? I want to be careful what i install on my SS i want it to sound nice.. :thumbsup: