Shift Solenoid B Stuck

I've had my SS for about a week, and have put around 1,100 miles on it. This past Friday, and today I've had the check engine light be thrown for a "Shift Solenoid B stuck" I did not write down the PO number but I will if it throws it again. The truck seems to drive and shift fine to me with no slippage. It is my understanding that this truck has a Trans-Go HD shift kit with the .500 boost valve also, along with the Corvette 2-4 servo and billet overdrive from PATC.

I was reading on here where if there is a higher stall in the torque converter than it may throw the code. The truck does have a PI Vignette Triple Disc 3K stall in it right now, but it is my understanding that it was tuned for it before I bought it. I have emailed the tuner and am waiting on a reply.

I have my own code reader, but I am in between moves and it is at my other place right now, and when the CEL light came on today I took it to O'Reillys for a code reading. Their tool showed that the codes being thrown were the "Shift Solenoid B Stuck" and a "Data Link Error" but my scanner never picked up the data link error.

I was wondering if anything else could be the fault for throwing the solenoid code before I drop the pan and replace it? I am pretty new to the computer controlled transmissions, all my experience comes from working on Th-350s and 400s.

I appreciate any input.

Mine threw the same code a couple times, I cleared the code and chalked it up to a computer brain fart. With the shift kit stall tune ect who knows what threw it. I wouldn't worry much about it.

• 4 months later...

Mine does this same thing from time to time. Mine won't shift into OD or lock the converter up at times and I have to manually downshift myself. I clear the code and it goes back to normal... no idea!

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk