Help!!! Bought a jacked up SS

Onebaddragon

Post up some pictures in your gallery there's a bunch of us here that can help point you in the right direction without seeing what's in there now I would be more guessing then pointing I'm not sure what comes in the rancho kit that changes the height but I've replaced almost everything under the truck with some pictures I'm sure a bunch of us hear could see what's changed and at least get you back to the stock SS height or lower.

Easy. It's just swapping parts. You need to decide how much you want it lowered (from stock location) and buy the corresponding drop kit or parts. You'll be able to sell the lift which is a plus.

How much of a pain in the ass would it be to take off a 4.5" Rancho kit and but this girl on the ground where she belongs? And what all would I need?

Well at least someone is trying to save her life. Yes, the Silverado SS is the perfect platform for a lifted ride. NO that was not the intentions of the truck when GM put it on the market. Thank you for doing your part brother.

On a lot of the lift kits, you have to cut the top mounting ear off the front carrier to mount the bracket that drops the carrier down. So you'd have to swap carriers(or at least the drivers side part of the housing). I think most of the lifts also have to cut the rear drivers side carrier mount off the frame to clear some bracket, so watch for that as well.

Thanks guys! I am 70 hours into my workweek already and will take pics when I get a minute to breathe. It is a fun, eye-catching blue beast up in the air. But, now that I have a 03 Sierra 2500HD that will be getting a 8" lift and 40s, it's time for the SS to scrape the ground and put more go fast under the hood.

Yea like the ole boy said previously, I lift trucks for a living and unless it's a simple leveling kit I have to cut the driver side rear lower control arm bracket in order for clearance of the differential. If u do decide to replace the pocket make sure you know the guy welding it knows what he's doing and that he doubles the reinforcement on both sides. Good luck brother and let us know how she turns out