will i pass emmision test in illinois.

jmontero146

Here in my part of NC they scan too. First time I had my truck E tested, (Gotta pass every year), I asked my guy about how tough it would be to pass if I put LT's on the truck. He said "As long as your CEL isn't lit up, don't stress over the test". Kinda sounds like Ill might be the same.

Like CanVRss said you need a tune both for safety of your eng and performance. Your not getting the most out of your LT's without tuning for them, (Same goes for any performance mod you do).

Illinois will see that the rear o2s are turned off if they throw up a 'not ready' in the tune..

set them as no fault or whatever like they don't exist at all. They won't show up as not ready.

I live in Illinois and haven't had a problem ever but if you are worried about it I will gladly take your long tube dynatech headers and mids off your hands for you!! You know to just be on the safe side!!!!!!

I have the same setup I pass but im also tuned. but either you should get it tuned if you have longtubes. and as for rear o2s being turned off. it doesn't work hear in Illinois had to relocate the rear o2s farther back and leave them on